Sunday, July 5, 2020

Happy Fourth Of July Weekend

July 5, 2020

Good morning.  It's cloudy and 73F degrees here in my little part of New England.  It will get quite a bit warmer in a while, but right now it is really quite nice.  

I hope everyone had a really nice day yesterday.  Did your town have fireworks last night?  I'm pretty sure our town did because around nine o'clock I heard them going off.  I can't see them from my yard, but that's okay.  I did not even miss them.  I spent the day watching the "Chrisley Knows Best" marathon on TV.  I'm not a big fan of reality shows, but I do enjoy this one.  

Last evening, I started re-reading "Legacy", another Daniel Steel book.  It's been years since I read it the first time, and I'm really enjoying it again.  A good book and a zip lock baggie full of Cheerios, what a great way to spend my day.  About the Cheerios, instead of cookies or candy, I fill a baggie with Cheerios and snack on it when I get the urge for a treat.  

Deanne sent me some more photos of her gorgeous roses.  I do believe she has the green thumb that I used to have.  Her roses are exquisite.  Even the bees love them.



Deanne and her family spent the afternoon celebrating with her best friend Caroline and her family.  Caroline and Deanne share the same birthday.  Here's a photo of Kevin, Deanne and Caroline.  


Meanwhile, Audrey and Mac were busy all day getting things ready for a visit from their granddaughter, Alena.  Later this week, they get to have her with them for a few weeks.  Need I say that they are in their glory?  Somehow, grandchildren tend to bring out the best in us.  

I've made no plans for today.  First, I'm going to do some blog reading and then I'll finish my book.  After that I'm sure I can find some fun mischief to get into.  On that happy note, I'm off now to get started on this new day.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.  

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Doing all those little things, reading a book, with some Cherios, having nice weather, looking at Deanne's rose-photo's etc. make sit a terrific day I think.
And I bet audrey and Mac will be happy to have their grandchild around for a longer time.

I've just finished a really quick dinner(just a sandwich, but it is enough, if I get a bit hungry I always can take something later).
Time to have a quiet evening in front of the tv.

Have a lovely day.
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

Nice photo of the bee. I've always heard roses aren't great bee flowers because they have trouble getting through all the petals to get the nectar -- but clearly Deanne's bee has figured it out!

Susie said...

Edna, Everyone seems busy, busy. But at least they had some fun for the weekend. Oh I am not sure our town had fireworks, we live 5 miles out. But wow, I saw them everywhere I looked. So families were doing their own. Deanne's roses are awesome. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Buttercup said...

Can't believe the year is half over and we're actually into summer. Quiet day today -- hot, hot out -- but yesterday I got to go to a Zoom wedding and that was fun. Take care!

Theresa said...

Great pictures of the flowers! I agree, grandchildren can bring joy and happiness to grandparents:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

My Tata's Cottage said...

Great photos! Oh I wish I Had the green thumb for roses. Those and sunflowers and morning glories won't take for me. ;-( Lovely roses! You are certainly blessed with a beautiful phamily. HUGS