Thursday, July 2, 2020

Happy BIrthday Deanne

July 2, 2020

Good morning.  Today will be sunny and very warm, with temps in the upper eighties.  Deanne is at work today, but I'm wishing her a great day.  Happy Birthday Deanne.  I love you.

Yesterday turned out to be a busy day, but I'm still trying to figure out just what it was that kept me so busy.  Not that it matters.  I'm retired and there's nowhere to go.  Well, I did crochet a bit, and I took meat out of the freezer to thaw.  I also placed an order for groceries to be picked up tomorrow afternoon.

Today, I'll make a meat sauce, and later I'll cook some pasta.  I'll freeze half of the meat sauce to enjoy the next time I cook pasta.  After that, we'll see what sort of mischief I can find to keep me busy.  

Ever read the stories on Facebook about a cat or dog that will follow someone home because they are looking for a forever home and family?  Well it does happen.  My friend Beth was visited one day by a very skinny dog who was hoping for some food and water.  She named the dog Oliver and took him in as one of the family.  Lucky doggie.  Lucky Beth.  

Ollie is such a handsome fellow, and he loves his new family.  Here's a couple photos that Beth sent to me.  Ollie has decided that he really likes this couch.  Beth, I know you and the boys will take good care of this handsome fellow.  He looks like he's still a puppy, and he does look super happy. 



I guess we're getting a break now from all the thunder storms, although we really did need the rain.  I took some photos the other day of some of the plants covered with raindrops.  I love taking this kind of photo.  Here's my new plant all decorated with wet crystal beads.


Now I think I'll watch Perry Mason, then do some blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Susie said...

I like the pic with Ollie sticking out his tongue...too funny. When I retired Edna, I was told my new calendar would have 6 Saturdays and one Sunday. And so it seems...cause when I worked I always did household and yard catch up on Saturdays. So it's work everyday girl. LOL Blessings, enjoy the weekend, xoxo
Susie

Beth Reed said...

Happy Birthday Deanne! I hope your day is just awesome. I am sorry you have to work on your special day!

Edna I love your plant with the crystal water beads. It is one of my favorite kind of photos as well. I love thunderstorms as long as they do not contain tornados.

Yes we were very fortunate when Ollie decided to pick our house when looking for food and water.
He is now a much loved member of our family. I am not sure just who is the luckiest, him or us. We enjoy Ollie kisses and cuddles.

I had a late night so I plan to read a few blogs and rest before we have to leave for my doctor appointment.

Have a wonderful day and give Pogo lots of love for me and have a great day. I will call you when I get home. xxxx

Steve Reed said...

Ha! My days pass like that too sometimes. I think, what on earth did I do with myself all day? And yet I feel so busy!

Oliver IS a super-lucky dog.

Theresa said...

Sometimes I don't know what keeps me busy either, haha. Being retired is a blessing. Happy Birthday Deanne. I hope she had a wonderful day. That is one cute pup and what a nice person Beth is to take him in. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

smiekeltje said...

Glad i did wish Deanne a happy Birtday earlier!(I am already in Friday now LOL).
Oh, you did quite some things and times goes quick once you are busy with something.
Oliver looks so cute. I am sure he is all happy now with Beth.

It's a rather nice day here, only too strong winds, but we have sunshine most of the time, and nice temperature of around 20C.
I am just back from a shopping trip with the tram, we needed some cheese and birdseed and to get that I have to travel by tram. It isn;t that bad, I only do that once in many weeks.
Now glad to sit and do nothing more for today hey!
You have a lovely day.
Hugs
Kyra