Thursday, July 16, 2020

Getting Used To This New Way Of Shopping

July 16, 2020

Good morning.  Today should be another gorgeous day with sunshine and temps in the low to mid seventies.  Super comfortable!  Today and tomorrow are to be enjoyed because after that the hot sticky stuff comes back.

Yesterday I tried to place a grocery order on-line from WalMart to be delivered this afternoon, but every time I tried to click on "place my order" it would tell me that one of my items could not be delivered and to delete it.  I would, then it would say "having problems at the moment,  try again soon."  

After re-trying this several times and deleting several items, I finally changed the order to be picked up instead.  I was able to put back most of the deleted items.  Joe said he would pick it up for me this afternoon.  I'll have to wait till then to see if they had everything I ordered or if several items were already out of stock. 

Today I need to call Best Buy to find out how they are handling customer requests at the store.  I need to take my phone there and have a new battery put in it.  However, I'm not happy about staying outside while an employee takes my phone indoors without me, if this is the new way of shopping there.  Then I need to call the auto dealer where I bought my car to see about taking it in for a check up and a new sticker.  They may be doing things differently now too.  On the other hand, maybe the only change these places have made is the number of customers in the store at one time.  That would be nice.

Deanne sent me some photos yesterday of her veggie plants and one of her lilies.  Her veggies look great and the lily is gorgeous.

 
I found this adorable image on the web and downloaded it to share with you.  It's just a reminder that any thing at all that you can do for these wonderful animals is so so appreciated.


Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

It is wonderful that there is now the possibility of on-line shopping, although I like it to do the shopping myself in the shop.
However I should think now about an on-line bankaccount so I can order things online too if necessary.
Oh, so many things to think about and to do.

I understand you don;t like to give your phone out of hand without watching it being repaired, or battery changed.

And glad you have Joe who is always willing to pick up your order at Wallmart. Sill it is strange you weren;t able to place an order normally.
Well, perhaps it is the difficult time everybody is going through

Deanne Lilie is looking beautiful.

Enjoy the good weather(not too muggy ) as much as you can.
Hugs
Kyra

My Tata's Cottage said...

I love the Mother Teresa quote. So very true, especially to our unborn, infants and children and all the pets. I hope you get your battery replaced. It is always something with phones and gadgets isn't it?

Take care xo