Wednesday, July 15, 2020

A Rock Is A Rock Is A Possum

July 15, 2020

Good morning.  It's not quite six thirty, and it's gray and wet outside.  The rain has already stopped and I'm sure the sun will be shining later this morning.  It was just a light rain.  Temps today and the next couple days will be in the seventies.  After that, temps will shoot up into the nineties.  

Yesterday my package of rocks came in the mail.  I know it sounds funny to buy rocks, but I don't get around good enough to go out and pick my own rocks.  


I picked out a few and put them into a plastic baggie.  These will be the first ones I'll try to paint.  


And these are some of the figures I'm going to try to paint on these rocks.  I think I'm going to need a lot of luck.  I haven't painted in more than twenty years.


Here's a picture of rocks that someone else painted.  I found it on the web, and I think it is just adorable.  I have plenty of rocks so I might try something like this too.


I got to watch a couple episodes of Dragnet this morning.  Then I Love Lucy came on.  I tried to watch that too, but I couldn't handle it this early in the morning.  I enjoy her show, but there's too much loud  yelling for the early morning hours.  Instead, I'm watching City Confidential.  This is definitely more my speed.

I've been looking around on the web for car insurance quotes to find something that's not as expensive as what I've been paying.  Have you noticed that not one company will show you any of their rates until after they have your name, address, date of birth, and a lot of other information?  I wonder why that is.  Your name and date of birth should not have any effect on the prices quoted.  Your driving record should speak for you.  Ah well, what do I know.  Obviously, I don't have any quotes yet.

I need to make my way to the kitchen now and make some breakfast for Pogo and me.  And a cup of coffee for me.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Oh, it would be lovely if you had a little nativity set done for Christmas for under you little tree! I am confident you will do that well. Oh, and I love those hedgehogs on the rocks. Great fun!

Oh, insurances, specially for cars, want to know all of you and then give their prices away. It is horrible, but true. here lots of them do the same.

Here today rather nice weather, only around 19-20C, but mostly sunny and when out of wind in our garden in the sun it feels a few degrees higher.

Good, I will take a short relax time(just returned from some grocerie shopping) and then slowly will be time for dinner preparing.

Gosh, I know what you mean to watch a programme early morning, just waking up, with a lot of yelling and noise LOL! I have the same, let me get awake slowly(if possible) and i always turn the sound of the tv very low, it is better for me.

Have a wonderful day,
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

I love those hedgehog rocks!

In England there are websites you can use to compare insurance rates. I don't know if there's something similar in the states. Here there's gocompare.com and comparethemarket.com

Buttercup said...

We've got a sunny day in New York City and not too hot and humid for July. I love the rocks, especially the hedgehogs. They look simple, but I know it's much more challenging than they appear. I'll be eager to see your paintings. The would make cute gifts.

My Tata's Cottage said...

I am anxious to see your painted rocks. A gal I know in PA. does beautiful painted rocks. I would be lucky that I could paint the rocks in bright colors. :-)
Take care my friend. xo