Monday, July 6, 2020

A Bed Is A Bed Is A Bed

July 6, 2010

Good morning.  I'm late again.  Yup, I stayed up late reading another book.  This one was "Escape" by Barbara Delinski.  I am really bad with books.  Once I start reading one, I just can't seem to put it down until I've finished reading it.  

Today is cloudy and temps will stay in the seventies.  Woo Hoo!  The heat is on its way back soon, so days like today are really appreciated.  Especially by me.  I call days like this better breathing days.  

Deanne is coming by after work this afternoon to take me out to do a couple errands.  Most important will be to drop my big laptop off at the computer repair store.  Hopefully, I'll have it back by next week.  They are going to get rid of the touch pad.  I don't use it and it gets in my way.  There's no way to just go into controls and shut it off.  

Deanne sent me photos yesterday of my great grandchildren, Jack, Lilah and Alima.  As you can see, they had a great time celebrating in their own back yard.  Gosh, they are getting so big.  Jack will be a sophomore in high school this year!  And, shortly after that, Lilah will be going into high school.  Gosh, it wasn't so long ago that these two were just tiny toddlers.  


Last Christmas, Pogo and I gave Sassy a new bed.  We thought she'd love it.  She did, but Nutmeg decided she liked it too and she took it over, sort of.  So, Deanne ordered another new one for Sassy.  She's not sharing this one with Nutmeg.  Nope, she's keeping this one for herself.  


Pickles, on the other hand, is rather creative and has found herself a really neat bed.  Is she sharing?  Sorry, you'll have to get your own box.


Today, I have no special plans other than to do a couple errands.  This evening, I think I'll just watch a bit of TV and crochet.  Tomorrow's another day to be energetic.  I may start that fifteen minute clean up method again.  I was going to start it a while ago, but I got side tracked.  It's such a pathetic excuse, but it's true.  I get side tracked so easily.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  I'm off now to wash a few dishes before Deanne gets here.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.  

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Beth Reed said...

Awwww these sweet pictures is a great reminder of just how fast time flies. remember the two latest being born and now just look! They have grown so much and so fast.

Barbara Delinski is one of my favorite authors. She wrote some tear jerkers and I think that she took a break from writing for a while because I didn't see her listed in the libraries for a while and until now I haven't thought of her and now I have to go and look to see what is offered.
Thank you for reminding me of her and now I shall spend days and nights binge reading lol.

Have wonderful day with Master Pogo and I will call you later this afternoon... Much Love xxxx

smiekeltje said...

Nutmeg is a smart one! But now Sassy has learned and is keeping her new bed for herself!!!

Nice you can go out for a couple of errands. It breaks off the day. Hopefully you will get your laptop indeed back soon, and it would be wonderful for yyou if you have no more bother from that touchpad!

I had not a good day, or better, Jan didn't and still isn;t having it.
He already was not perky during the weekend, but that can happen. However last night he was in the kitchen and how he did it I don;t know but he fell over.Backwards-sidewards somehow ont the hip and bump. I was asleep and if I sleep deep I donlt hear anything. So he managed to half crawl, half hobble back to bed. He told me in the morning and I called for the doctor to come.
We went to hospital with ambulance for a photo, one luck, not broken, and no tear in the hipbone or pelvis.
He's brought home again and now have to let it rest and heal, probably brused severe. He has trouble walking so that will be difficult coming time to help him around. I will try to get a wheelchair or rollator or something. I am not strong enough to hold him up.
Bad luck for him, I feel so sorry for him, it hurts of course, but most of it he hates it to be almost helpless.
It needs time, hopefully it will come okay again.

That's it
Wishing you a safe and wonderful day!
Hugs
Kyra

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How funny about the box...doesn't look quite as comfy does it! heehee! Love your great grand pics! They sure grow up in a hurry...I know! I like that author too and need to look for that book. Enjoy your day sweet lady! Hugs!

Dee Jaynes said...

Sending love and prayers for a speedy recovery for Jan <3

My Tata's Cottage said...

What a sweet post. Goodness the kids grow up so fast. I wonder how Logan can be over 16 lbs. He is such a smart boy turning one this month. :-) You are smack dab in the middle of American History where you live. Someday I hope I can travel there. The photos are all great, pets are funny about their sleeping quarters. HaHaHa! Mister Kitty stole a bed from the pups and now they just ignore it although he has moved on to Hannah's old bedroom and comfy bed.
You sure have a lovely phamily. I hope you have many good days for breathing easy. We have such a miserable heat wave nearing 100 later this week and I worry about my hubby.
Take care and stay happy and healthy xo HUGS

Susie said...

Oh what a pretty cat. A whole box full. LOL. Cute kid pics. We want to hug our little ones, don't we? Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie