Sunday, June 7, 2020

Little BIrds All In A Row

June 7, 2020

Good morning.  It's early and still a bit grey, but today should be sunny with temps in the sixties.  I didn't get very much sleep during the night, so I'm hoping that later this morning I'll be able to have a nice nap.  First I need to wait for Pogo to wake up and have his breakfast.

Did any of you get photos of the moon this week?  I did go outside to see if I could see it, but the cloud cover prevented me from seeing the pink moon.  Audrey sent me a photo that she took of the moon.  Beautiful shot, Audrey.  Thanks for letting me share it here.


We finally got some rain here yesterday.  A little came during the night, then in the afternoon a storm came up.  I went out on the porch with Pogo to catch a welcome breeze when all of a sudden the rain came pouring down along with heavy winds.  It was actually blowing me around out there so we had to come back inside.

I hope all my tall plants are still standing after this downpour.  Thank goodness I have photos of the new blooms.  I'll save them for tomorrow's post.  Today I have some photos that Audrey took by her porch.  These are beautiful, Audrey.  Thank you for sharing.



I have no idea what kind of bird those three little ones are that are sitting on top of the trellis in the first photo.   I'll have to give Audrey a call today to ask her what they are.  One thing is sure, they really are beautiful.  Look at the pretty blue color on their wings.  

In case anyone using the new blogger is getting lots of spam all of a sudden, I figured out (quite by accident) how to get rid of the spam comments.  Go to your "Settings."  Scroll down to "Comments" and then down to "Reader comment Captcha."  Turn this on.  That should stop the spam.

Well, Pogo is awake now, so hopefully he's hungry enough to eat his breakfast.  I'll do a bit of blog reading while he eats, then it's naptime for this old lady.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

8 comments:

Theresa said...

Happy that you got some rain! That moon pic and the birdies are SO pretty! I am still using the old blogger, not looking forward to the change. I guess I better do some research:) Enjoy your day dear friend, catch a nap when you can! HUGS!

Susie said...

Edna, I love your pictures. What sweet baby birds. We have those hummers here. I love to watch them fight over the food, the feeder has 8 little flower spots to fed. LOL Blessings, xoxo, Susie

wisps of words said...

Your daughter in law took gorgeous pictures!

Due to trees, we don't see the moon well, till late. Got up to go to bathroom about 2am, and it was shining in, like a spot light! Went to look at it. BEAUTIFUL!!!! And 2 planets or something, to the left of it.

Have never seen a white hummer!!!!

Made a Rhubarb pie for my husband, on Fri. Wanted to make one for son/Dear Daughter in Law and family, next door, but it was too hot on Sat. Nice and cool today! Can do it! Might even make myself a little Gluten Free Rhubarb Crisp!!!!!

I'm afraid you may not stop SPAM, with that. But I don't know. I had Comment Moderation on, so I could catch ALL SPAM.

See, if the SPAMers get a Blogger ID, they look like any other nice comment.

But! Don't know how this new Blogger works, with SPAM.

You just have to look at your Published Comments, often. To Delete any SPAM, that might get Published.

Gentle hugs...

wisps of words said...

Ohhhh silly me!!!

You do have Comment Moderation on!!!!

Wonnnnnnnderful...!!!!!!

Gentle hugs...

Steve Reed said...

Those birds with the blue on their wings are juvenile bluebirds, I believe. What a great shot! I love the hummingbird, too.

Funny that you and I got storms on the same day, an ocean apart!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Such sweet photos, I love seeing all the birds.
Thank you for sharing.
~Jo

Kathy said...

I didn't get to see the moon either because of the same storm you got. Weren't the winds awful? A lot of trees and branches got blown down around here. But we do need the rain. Thanks for sharing that great shot.

Love the little birds. I have no idea what they are either, but they are so pretty.

I really dislike the new blogger. I keep telling myself it will get better as I get used to it. It takes me so long to do a post now.

smiekeltje said...

Lovely photos Audrey made, specially that photo with the 3 birds on a row(no idea what kind of birds).

Sorry you didn;t have a very fgood sleep, hopefully that nap later was a good one! Is it in the weather or so, Jan and I too have trouble sleeping, we do for a bit and wake up and after a cup of tea and some tv I try again and at times I can get some more winks.

We had some rain over the last two days too, the garden loves it. At the moment it is dry, part cloudy, and sometimes nice sunshine. Even temperatures start to go up slowly, very slowly!
When there is some more sunshine I will take a stroll through the garden, see how it all goes there LOL.
Have a lovely day
Hugs
Kyra