Monday, June 22, 2020

Divulging Secrets

June 22, 2020

Good morning.  According to my phone app, today will be partly sunny and warm and partly rainy and warm.  Temps should be a little cooler, down to eighty degrees.  That will be nice.  Pogo and I will be able to spend some time out there today.

It's been too hot to do much of anything, but I have been adding a few rows to my crochet projects every now and then.  I finally finished one of them.  Hopefully today I'll finish another one.  I still have a few big projects to finish so getting all these small projects finished is a plus.  

Yesterday afternoon we had quite a rain storm.  First came the thunder, then some lightning.  The rain started out with just a few drops splattering here and there on the ground.  All of a sudden a wind picked up and the rain got heavy.  Pogo and I stood on the porch and enjoyed some of it until we started getting soaked.  The whole thing only lasted about maybe thirty minutes.  

I was asked just how my Daddy did that trick with his hat.  As far as I can remember, it had to do with leaning his head back to the wall.  It pushed on the back of his hat, making the front of the hat to rise up a bit.  The ball in his hands and blowing on it was just part of the show.   If you try this on some of your little ones let me know how they like it.

Today I have a couple photos from a few days ago.  I don't get around so good outdoors so it's not easy to get lots of photos of the birds and critters in the yard.  But every now and then the opportunity pops up.  This robin was busy scouring the yard for food.


This little squirrel had found some food and was sitting quietly beneath a tree, eating his new found snack.


In a little garden near the front door to the main house these beautiful Asiatic Lilies are blooming.  I love this color.  It's so cheerful.


Sometime this week, I'd like to go out and cut some of the dead blossoms off some of my plants.  At the rate that I move, this should keep me busy for the rest of the week.

Now I think I'll go sit on the porch and wait for the mail to come.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Those short rain showers are just so good for the garden and it freshens up the air too from all the dust. They are nice to have(if not too often LOL).

Oh, deadhading the flowers is kind of therapeutic, you know. It works very relaxing.
I will have to make a short round this evening too, probably after dinner.

We have lovely weather today, tomorrow it will be much warmer.
Never mind, it makes the room of nice temperature, but not too warm, it is rather cool in our living room.
Just fed the birds, they're not yet here, bit too early. They will come around 5.30 p.m for the first round and like to have some "souper"at around 7.30 or 8.00 p.m. to have a full belly during the night LOL!

Have a wonderful day
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

Thanks so much for describing how your dad did that hat trick! Our neighbor has some Asiatic lilies like those -- I love them. We may have to buy some.

My Tata's Cottage said...

Beautiful photos! I like your idea about the baby dress pattern. If I were crafty....since not having a girl in our phamily for 12 years we are gaga over Miss Shea. She is so darn cute.

I need to go for an early morning walk and get some photos. Hannah keeps me in pictures from their pond. It is so peaceful there.

You have a great day!HUGS