Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Beautiful Blossoms

June 3, 2020

Good morning.  The sun is shining and temps should get up close to eighty, although my phone app says we have rain coming this afternoon.  Well, to be honest we really do need a bit of rain.  The plants are beginning to wilt a bit.  It seems like it's either famine or feast when it comes to rain.  

Yesterday, Deanne came by and we had lunch on the porch.  There's plenty of room to keep a distance, plus we have masks.  I don't wear mine unless I have to because it's hard for me to breath with it on.  She brought me a tuna sub and I ate half of it and saved the other half for my supper.  Yum, Yum!

Before she left, we walked around to the other side of the house to see what might be blooming.  All my prize iris plants are either blooming or getting ready to bloom soon.  Deanne took a few photos for me.  The flowers on these iris are huge.  There were white ones blossoming.  Note the huge orange buds.  They will be blooming next, and are my favorites.  (obviously)  



Then she took a photo of my backyard.  I leave it wild and wooded on purpose for whatever wildlife lives there.  Plus it looks pretty.


Last evening I did a bit of crocheting on the newest neck warmer set.  This one is light grey and it's working  up really nice.  I have one more set to make after this, and then I really must get back to my other projects.  Six months go by really fast when you lots of projects to finish.

I think I need to box up the afghan that is going to Sweden and get it mailed.  I've been holding off, but it really needs to go.  Once the holidays have gone by, I'm going to have to make a new list of any afghans that I still need to make.  Yup, looks like next year will be a busy craft year too.

I'm having a hard time getting this post typed.  When I click on preview so that I can proof read it, I can't get back to my original post to finish.  It goes to draft, and from there I can only erase or publish. So, I end up having to erase the whole thing and start over.  Which I have.  It's becoming a lot less fun to blog. If you spot spelling errors, etc. then please accept my apology. 

Now I'm going to do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B. 

4 comments:

Susie said...

Hi Edna, It was nice you had company to lunch on the porch. I love the flowers. Take care. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Theresa said...

It's hot here today! We just got home and I am staying inside the rest of the day! You have so many pretty flowers, I love watching them bud and bloom! Enjoy your evening dear friend, HUGS!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

I love seeing the white Iris, especially in the night garden where they are illuminated by moonlight.
Your garden looks like an English cutting garden, so very pretty, thank you for sharing. .
Hugs,
~Jo

smiekeltje said...

The irisses are beautiful! And I love the woodland part of the garden too. Yes, good for wildlife of any kind!
Sounded good that sandwich and it is nice you had some company with that lunch!

Oh, about Blogger. When you do previes on your post and want to retun to typing again just hit preview again.
And if you want to continue a Draft post, go to area of ALL posts, and click on in the block where the post is mentioned. And you should be in editing mode again.
Hope it helps.

I've made cannelloni today with fresh made bechamel sauce and a bit of tomatoe sauce, lots of grated cheese on top and that will go in the oven for about 30 minutes(the cannelloni tubes are bought ready to use).Bit of salad and we have a meal!

Now I am glad to sit and do some blogreading and then a liittle game maybe.
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs
Kyra