Thursday, May 14, 2020

Warmer Temps Coming

May 14, 2020


Good morning.  Tis sunny and a bit warmer today.  We should get up into the mid sixties today.  It's certainly welcome after all the cold we've been having.  Before I chat much more, I want to post the results of Jazzy's Covid 19 test.  She is negative!  Awesome sauce!  That is such good news.

Last evening, I did crochet just a bit on a new neck warmer.  Sadly, I only did a few rows before putting it away.  Then I tried a different hemp cream.  This one tended to stay wet on my hand so I put a plastic glove on it so that it wouldn't get anywhere else on me.

After a couple hours, I took the glove off.  Wow!  My hand was drained of all its color.  It wasn't hurting so much, but it looked different than my other hand.  Of course, after a while, all the color came back into my hand.  And my hand was good the rest of the night.

This warmer weather coming our way is also bringing ticks.  I found an interesting article on the web that could help a bit with that.  I never knew that ticks had eggs that looked like this.  So if you see something like this, it should be burned.


I think this afternoon, I just might take Pogo outside and let him walk around the yard for a while.  He's getting tired of being in the house all the time too.  Of course, we'll have to wait until after the "The Waltons."  I watch it most every day on MeTV.

My program is coming on now, but before I go I want to share another image that I borrowed from the web.  It's to remind us all that our pets are family.  They deserve our love and care.


Now I'm off to watch a bit of TV.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

We are finally seeing sunshine today, after several days of gloomy weather. The Blue Angels have given us a fly-over show, honoring our brave healthcare workers, it was spectacular.
I wasn't aware that ticks laid eggs like the ones you have shown, I shall be on the lookout, as the ticks are already bad.
Great news about the negative Covid test.
Have a wonderful day Ms Edna.
Jo

Steve Reed said...

Those tick eggs are very strange. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that. Which I suppose is good! Thank goodness for the negative COVID test!

Kathy said...

Great news that Jazzy's test came back negative. We are having warmer weather too and I am loving it. It is supposed to go into the 80s tomorrow. I can't wait.

Theresa said...

SO happy that Jazzy's test result was negative!!! It is nice weather here and for that I'll be thankful. I posted about ticks on my blog today. I haven't seen those eggs but one hitched a ride on me when I came in last night. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

smiekeltje said...

Good news about Jazzy and also about your hand!

I bet Pogo would love to get outside for a moment.

We had suddenly no tv this afternoon. I instantly called customer service, was on in 2 minutes and the guy helped us very good. Now it is working again with the mediabos which distributes all the channels.
But for security he will send us a new one, because it might be that the other one is old or something. Well, okay for me. The guy was very friendly and helpfull.
Please cross fingers all will work during the weekend!!

Weather is getting better here, Jan sits in the garden now(with sweater okay)in the sun and almost out of the wind and then it is nice.
Hope your hand will even get much better, stay safe,
Hugs
Kyra

wisps of words said...

Warmer here too!

Wonderful news on the negative test!!!!! But I don't remember who she is or why, the test. Which makes no difference.

Glad the hemp cream worked for you. We love it. For now and then aches. Changes in the weather, can cause aches and pains, here.

perhaps an old cotton glove, would be better, than a plastic one. If you have an old cotton one, that is. Remember wayyyyyy backkkkkkk, when we wore white gloves???? And used them, for hand cream, at night too?????? -smile-

MeTV! I forget about this! And others like it. The old shows are a delight!

Will look at your tick eggs pic, after I publish this.

ONce I begin a comment, I can not go back, and look at your pictures, because it will make my comment disappear. I can bring up, all your words. But not see your pics.

If you made your comments box, be "Pop Up", we could see the whole post, all the time, we are writing our comment. -smile-

Gentle hugs,
✨💛✨💛✨💛✨

The Queen Jester said...

I'm so happy to hear her test was negative. This covid-19 is scary.