Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Too Bad Harry!

May 27, 2020

Good morning.  Temps are going to hit eighty degrees today.  Woo Hoo!  Of course, a high humidity is on its way here too.  We also have some rain headed this way in a couple days.  All the new plants will be happy for a drink.

Yesterday, I no sooner finished typing my blog post and the road service man got here.  He was very friendly and got my car started right away.  The whole thing only took a few minutes.  Until I start driving it again,  I'll need to start it and let it run a few minutes every day.

Have you seen the new message on your blog?  It says that Blogger is changing everyone's blog to a new default look. They say to try it out now to get used to it.  You'll be able to revert back to your regular look for a while, but by the end of July the new change will be in place.

I'm one of those folks that don't do well with change.  I like my old blog look.  I don't want to change it.  But like my mother always used to say, "Too bad Harry!"  I don't have a choice.  The change is coming and that is that!  Blogger says this will make it easier for us to manage our blogs.  I don't recall ever being asked (by Blogger) whether or not I was having difficulty blogging or whether I wanted anything changed.  Did they ask you?  If not, who did they ask?

On the news this morning, they were showing a video of a woman with a dog.  She was screaming at a man and threatening to call the police on him.  They were out walking and I guess the man told the woman to put a leash on her dog.  She did not take this very well. 

While the newscaster was going on and on about what the woman was doing, not once did they mention how she was abusing her dog.  She had her hand around the dog's collar and was pulling the poor dog all over the place.  She raised her arm and the poor dog was choking and could not keep it's feet on the ground.  The dog even tried to lie down on the ground to stop all this but the woman just kept dragging the poor animal around.  You could see the dog was in pain. I could not watch anymore of this and changed the channel.

**Update:  I just called the news station and mentioned how upset I was about all of this.  I was informed that the dog was taken away from the woman and brought to a shelter.  Had I kept on watching this incident I would have heard this.  I'm not sorry that I changed the channel though because I can't stand to see an animal being abused.  I'm glad that the woman can no longer hurt the dog. 

Today I thought I'd share a couple old photos.  My daughter Deanne has been taking care of all my shopping and other errands so that Pogo and I don't come in contact with Covid-19.  She has a full time job and a home and her own family to take care of too.  So today I have a couple of oldie photos of her to share.

This first photo is Deanne having fun in her sleeper blanket.  The second photo is Kerri (left) and Deanne (right).  Kerri was the mischief maker and Deanne was the peace maker.  Two happy little peas in a pod.



Now I'm going to take my little laptop out to the porch and do a bit of blog reading before it gets hot.  Before I go, let me share a photo of my blooming lilacs.  They get prettier every year.


The mail just came and I guess I'll go get that first.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

9 comments:

Dee Jaynes said...

Love you Mom- I’ll see you Saturday- Ed will be by Thursday or Friday <3

My Tata's Cottage said...

I loved your photos of the children. I can not stand an animal or people abuser. Unborn babies and animals that can not fight back. Such a sad world. I am glad the woman lost her dog. I think people should mind their own business. I can not imagine the suffering that poor animal had because she had a gripe with that man. I never watch the news. I turn off the volume when all these commercials talk about buying this mask and that mask. So out of control. But I hope your day is a great one and you some blogging done. I am posting at my other blog too. Interesting to see if my comments will appear. HUGS xo

wisps of words said...

Yes, we need to run our cars, now and then. Even take it for a drive around the block. -smile-

I just posted, about the new Blogger News, too! I don't like change!!! But am sure, that after years on Blogger, I will be able to navigate it. I'm not techy! But years on Blogger, has upped my confidence. -smile=

That video, is one reason why, I do nottttttt watch any tv news! I'd have been sick, too. But she certainly should have had her dog, on a leash. It is the Law, in my city. Said Law, brought about by me...Way back when I was walking my baby and surrounded by a pack of dogs. And daughter was bitten by dog, while riding her bike.

Cute pics, from long ago!

Deal well, with this heat!!!! I posted, how I do. And it's now time to close the south windows!

Open up, USA!
With safety measures!
Compromised people
Stay home!
✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨

LV said...

Good morning. I saw that notice about blogger. I never set mine up in the first place and only know what I do basically every day. I am not blogger smart but do enjoy connecting with other bloggers. Have made so many friends. Would be awful to not be able to blog anymore. Most of the bloggers are smart and know what to do, but not me. Any help will be appreciated. I have a desktop not a laptop on W7. Thanks!

Beth Reed said...

Hi, I love your photos of the girls. They are sure cutie pies at that age.

I hope that I can post a comment. I am not sure why I am having problems. I think that it has to do with my passwords and email. Always something with these darn computers lol.

I am glad that you were able to get your car started. Cold weather and hot weather sure seem to drain the power.

Give my Pogo lots of loves xxx You take care my friend and don't overdo. 80 degrees here is just way too hot. xxx

A Brit in Tennessee said...

What sweet photos of your daughter Miss Edna, she was a doll !
I read the notice about the new and improved Blogger, I dislike change, and despite switching to it's new format, I changed back quickly. What ever happened to the old adage "If it's not broke, why fix it !"
I saw the video yesterday, I understand she has since been fired from her job. All dogs are supposed to be on a leash in the park, hers was not, and the gentleman was trying to get her to put the leash on the dog. I have very little tolerance for people who think rules do not apply to them.
Hope you have a lovely day....rain all day long for us, reminds me of home :)
Hugs,
~jo

Theresa said...

I saw the video and heard later that they took the dog from her. SAD days we are in. Happy you got your car CRUNK:) Hope it will not give you trouble again. I haven't heard about the blog change. Where did you see that? I don't do well with change either:( Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

smiekeltje said...

Oh gosh, do they change Blogger again? Well, we'll see if it will be big changes or not. Like it or not, they change anyway. I hate those kind of changes!!!

Lovely photo's of your Kerri and Deanne.

That's quite a story about the newsitems of the lady and the dog. I am glad the dog has been taken away from her, she's was no good to him.

Good your car starts again. Now don;t forget to start it every day for some minutes!

Take care, enjoy all the time you can have on the porch and the nice weather.
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

I don't think it's the look of the blog itself that will change -- it's the Blogger dashboard, where we do our posting and upload pictures and that kind of thing. But in any case, yes, we can continue using the old one if we want. It is weird that they're making this change. Maybe they want to make Blogger more "hip" so younger people will use it!