Wednesday, May 20, 2020

The Warmer Temps Are Coming, I Think.

May 20, 2020

Good morning. Today is sunny, but it started really cool.  Most of the night and early morning temps were barely above forty degrees.  I know it will warm up as the day goes on, but that doesn't make it any easier to climb out from under the warm covers early in the morning.  So of course I didn't.

Yesterday turned out absolutely lovely.  Even better when the FedEx truck showed up with a package for me.  A Mother's Day gift from my daughter Audrey.  What a lovely surprise. I opened it to find a beautiful solar glass bird that I shall keep on my little porch so that I can look at it all the time.  There was also a set of railing solar lights that I'll ask Eddie or Kevin to set up for me.  Thank you Audrey, I love them.

I set my little bird on the floor by the storm door and took a photo.  Pogo had already given it a "sniff over" and went back to looking out the door.   Don't mind the nose art on the glass door pane.  It's Pogo's, and I'll clean it when the temps get much warmer.


I'm hoping that BIg Brother Big Sister opens up for pickups pretty soon.  I have bags of stuff waiting for them on my little porch.  Some things were stored over the winter on the porch and now I'd like to get them out of there.  I wanted to take a new photo of the porch but I'll wait till most of these things are gone.  Meanwhile, this photo will show how pretty it is out there now that my Japanese Red Maple is filling out with gorgeous red leaves.


For those who don't know, my house is wicked old.  At least 135 years, I guess.  The part I live in used to be the horse barn.  The rest of the house has been turned into a rooming house.  (to help pay for it's upkeep)  This photo only shows part of the driveway.  Imagine shoveling all the snow out of it when Winter comes?  (we do have a snow blower, but some snow has to be shoveled.)

There was a catalogue included in the box that Audrey had sent to me.  In it, I found a really neat feeder for hummingbirds.  When mold builds up inside a hummingbird feeder, it can contaminate the water and kill the birds.  When they go back to feed their baby birds, the babies die too.  This is not funny.

These new feeders are tube-like, and open up to hold a plastic water bottle filled with the liquid for the hummingbird.  The bottle can be rinsed and recycled, and a new bottle of food can be put back inside the feeder.  I'm going to order two of these new feeders and get rid of the old one that I have.


Now I'm going to make myself a cup of hot chocolate to warm me up.  It's not warm enough yet and I don't really want to climb back under my nice warm covers, so I'll just have to settle for the hot chocolate.  hahahahhaha.

So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

What a lovely Mother's Day surprise you had from Audrey.
Surprises like that can make your day have a little ray of sunshine, even if the temps are not so warm and it is cloudy LOL!
Do you think Pogo gave his approval to the solar light??

We had a lovely day today, tomorrow will even be much warmer.
Think, Jan and I will be under the parasol in the garden a lot of time.

You keep tight and i hope you really will have warmer temps now.
Have a lovely day,
Hugs
Kyra

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

You'd have liked it here today; it was 16 C (61 F) at 7:00 this morning and got up to 25 C (77 F) by afternoon. How nice to get unexpected gifts arrive to brighten the day.

wisps of words said...

I agree about climbing out of warm covers, in the morning!!!!! -grin-

Lovely gift surprise!

Oh I hope the donation place allows people to bring things soon. It's hard, when we have things to take away, and no place to take them to.

We have a Japanese Red Maple too!

Lovely old house, which is now a rooming house. And I now see, where your porch is!

That new humming bird feeder sounds good. I have never had a feeder, because I know, they are/were hard to keep clean. But love to see a random humming bird.

Hope your day warmed up. Ours did.

✨🌼✨🌼✨🌼✨

stamps3223 said...

That was a nice Mother's Day gift and I like the idea for the hummingbird feeders. We can't hang them the bears that wander through my yard would have a field day with them. I live in an old house too, it was built in the 1860's so it's about 165 years old. Old houses have a lot of character in my mine nothing is level. LOL

Steve Reed said...

I love your glass bird! Very colorful. And it's great to see a photo of your house. What a great old structure. It's so nice to live somewhere with some history, isn't it? Our house isn't as old as yours -- about 100 years -- but we enjoy its historic elements.