Friday, May 29, 2020

Pretty New Patterns

May 29, 2020

Good morning.  It's a bit overcast today, and temps are more comfortable.  Yesterday, I uncovered and dusted off the air conditioner.  Last night, I put it on every now and then to keep my place cool enough to sleep.

I even managed to do a load of laundry.  Very slowly, of course.  Every effort I make to do something causes quite a bit of grief to my breathing. It just takes me longer to do things now.  When I think back to how much I could accomplish in any given day just ten years ago, it is mind boggling.  But, as long as I continue to wake up each morning, then slow is beautiful.

Last evening, I bought a new crochet pattern.  It's a shell pattern for a blanket.  I think I might like to try it after I finish a few of my current projects.


Here's another pretty afghan pattern that I found on the web.  I may even have a pattern similar to this in my collection.  I'll have to take a look.


I've been watching  Perry Mason while typing this post.  My goodness, he sure can get feisty when the situation calls for it!  And he's soooo macho when he's yelling at the bad guy!  Swoon, swoon.  Can you picture it?  Short, old, dumpy and wrinkled, swooning over an image on TV.  That should keep you giggling for the rest of the morning.

I thought I might be getting out for a bit today.  I had thought that maybe we could go by the Home Depot garden center so that I could buy a couple new shrubs.  However, daughter says NO STORES!  So that's that.  I'll stay home and let Kevin (or Eddie, whoever shows up) take the car for a little drive.  There's no riding through the park even.  It's closed to vehicles.

Now I think I'll make a cup of tea with a bit of honey in it and do some blog reading.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Lovely pattern you found.

Oh, the sentence: daughter said NO SHOPS made me really smile. I think she is right, it is still too dangerous for you. But perhaps, you could go with Eddie or kevin in the car to have a drive to be for a moment in a different surrounding? Or isn;t that permitted either by her?

But I understand her well, you are a risk with your asthma and also the age. They take all very good care of you, be glad they are there for you.(I know you are).

I just came back from buying a new hose in a DUY centre not too far away from us. The old one was used up, getting little holes on different spots, so not workable anymore.

Now I will take a cup of tea and sit for a moment in the garden, we still have nice weather and it will stay for longer too.

Have a wonderful day, and remember, every day a little job done is okay too!Or even with a day in between to have a good rest too! LOL.
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

I hope you can get out and about today even if you DON'T go to a store. Gotta enjoy the spring! (Of course, you've got your porch too, so you can enjoy it there, I suppose. :) )

wisps of words said...

Good for daughter! NO, do not go out, with your medical stuff!!! I fully agreeeeeeee! I want the country to open up, with distance and masks. But those of us, compromised in any way, stay home!!!!

Pretty possible new crafting!

Have to check out our wall A/C units today! Feel, may need them, tonight.

Today is one of those days...! Heat and humidity! I get to feeling like I sort of can't breathe too. And I don;t have asthma. I am just old...!!!!

Only do, what you feel like doing!!!!!! Summer is for this Rule, I think!!!

✨🌼✨🌼✨

wisps of words said...

Oh yes, Miss Edna, do try the New Bloggger....

And do not listen to those, who say, they don't like it. It will only make you nervous, and being nervous, makes us less able to look at something new, with The Eyes Of Common Sense.

I went to the New... Looked at all the "New Stuff." Slowly! Slowly! We are old! We do things slowly!!! -gigggles-

Tried making a post. Didn't Post it. Just kept it... Just look at the new little 'signs/marks' to the right. Run your curser over each one, and read what it does. Find the one that "keeps" your in-progress-post. Click it.

Then, when you want to try something else, or write some more, you go back to That Draft Post.

And when I couldn't figure, I went back to the "Old" way, and did things there. When I went back to the "New," it was more easy to figure out...

Probably tooooo much information!!! I do tend to rattle on. Just take it slowly. You will be a pro, by the time, it clicks in, for all of us.

✨🌼✨🌼✨

My Tata's Cottage said...

You need to mind your daughter! Can you go for a ride in the car? I know just stepping out into my backyard and feeling the sun on my face makes me happy. It always has. My grandson is having a birthday party for Michael who turns 6 June 3. It is tomorrow and the parks are opened so they will have a regular party. I am praying my gifts arrive on time. Sometime I don't like to use amazon but they have everything and since there is a distribution center a few miles from us, we usually get things quickly. Seeing my husband struggle to breathe last Spring really made me sad. I take good care of him and although he is still working he has been doing well. Baby Logan too. That lil peanut is 16 chunky lbs. of goodness. His breathing has been good because mom and dad watch him like a hawk! He only chats DaDaDaDa all day long. He loves daddy working from home. I get to see Jeremy & phamily because we live so close. Brittany has to return to her office full time come Monday. We pray Jeremy will get his job back. He worked an entire month with no pay and it is scary. No one is really hiring in his field so all the prayer I call out for would be greatly appreciated. I hope your weekend is blessed. I love all your afghan shares. Sigh ! So beautiful HUGS across the miles. Hoping you may breathe easier each day. Take it sloooow. HUGS across the miles.

Sue said...

I agree with your daughter, it might be best to stay home for now, I do think a car ride is nice though, dh and I take several each week, and limit our stores to grocery/ farm stores.
Your crochet projects are so pretty, it has been years since I have crochet, I keep saying I will get back one day,.
Hope you feel better.
Blessings,
Sue