Monday, May 25, 2020

Memorial Day 2020

May 25, 2020

Good morning.  It's early and still overcast, but the sun should appear sometime this morning, along with warmer temps.  Actually, it's supposed to be super warm all week.  That would certainly be nice but we'll wait and see. 

Today is Memorial Day.  It's a day to remember all the men and women who gave their lives so that we may keep our freedom.  Let us not forget them.  Fly your flags proudly. 

I promised to show you a photo of my yellow irises.  I imagine that once the sun comes out today, that little garden will be full of these beautiful blooms.


Yesterday, Pogo and I went out on the porch for a little while.  I watered my new plants, and Pogo did his best to keep the small critters away from the porch.  He does have a really ferocious bark. hahaha.  One little critter wasn't paying much attention to Pogo though.  This little chipmunk found something tasty to eat and he wasn't leaving until he ate every bit of it.



Do you ever watch "Leave It To Beaver?"  It's on every weekday morning for an hour. (Just before Perry Mason)   I know I enjoyed watching it many years ago, but now I'm enjoying it all over again.  I think it's a great program for parents as well as children. 

Last night I finished the green hat.  Today I'll make the neck warmer to match.  After that, I think I'll make one or two more sets then I'll get started back on my Christmas projects.  I have an idea for another project.  Back in the forties, my Mom used to make pom pom rugs.  When I got into my twenties, I made a few of them too.  Now I think I'd like to make a few more of them.  They really are pretty.  I think it's fun how some things just keep coming around again.

Now I think I'll go watch my TV program.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

wisps of words said...

Thank you for telling me about Jazzy!!! She is a wise young lady, wise beyond her years. You have every right, to be proud of her. -smile-

"Leave it to Beaver"!!!! Oh yes! Did you know...? The reason Barbara Billingsly always wore those pearls, around her neck...? Was because she did not like 'something', about her neck. So she always wore those pearls!!!! I love little "tid-bits" like that. -smile-

I think that chipmunk knows, he is perfectly safe!!!! -grin-

Yes, remember all those who died for our Freedoms!

When I was a child, my mother used to cut spring blooms, and make arrangements in containers, and we would take them to the cemetery and place them on the graves of relatives. I don't know if people still do this.... Doubt they still make their own flower arrangements, anyway.

A Memorial Day memory...

🌺🌸🌼🌹🌻🌷

Theresa said...

That iris is BEAUTIFUL! Yellow is one of my favorite colors:) I watched the BEAVE a lot over the years but haven't watched it in a while. I saw recently that Eddie Haskell passed away at 76:( He was always a rascal! Have a blessed and beautiful day dear friend, HUGS!

smiekeltje said...

You are quite busy with your neckwarmers sets! Making pompoms I find very time consuming, and they almost never look the right way LOL.
Pogo had a blast barking at the creatures but I loved the persistance of that chipmunk!
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs
Kyra
P.S. In Microsoft Edge the font size is so tiny in this comment bix. Do you know how it can be changed???

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sure I remember Leave It to Beaver and watched it back in the day when the series was originally broadcast. Sad news that the actor who played Eddie Haskell recently passed away? He was actually my favorite character on the show😀 The yellow iris is lovely. The chipmunk was a real cute critter and you got some good shots too!

Steve Reed said...

I loved "Leave it to Beaver" when I was a kid. Haven't seen it in years, though. Did you see that the actor who played Eddie Haskell just died a week ago or so?

Chipmunks and squirrels are very smart about threats. They know when a potential predator is restrained (behind a screen or on a leash), and if so, they're not fearful at all.

My Tata's Cottage said...

Hannah and Jake have lots of chipmunks on their property. SO fun to watch them run about. Memorial Day is a revered day at our house. HUGS xo