Sunday, May 17, 2020

I Want Those Warm Temps Back!

May 17, 2020

Good morning.  Today is cloudy with temps in the upper fifties to low sixties.  According to my phone app, the rest of the week should be cloudy and/or rain with day temps in the fifties and night temps in the forties until Thursday.  What happened to Spring?

Yesterday was a gorgeous day, and a busy day.  Eddie, Kevin and Deanne came by to take the screen covers off my little porch.  This is a photo of Eddie and Kevin, taken the night before.


Once the plastic sheet was off the front of the porch, Deanne and I used it to have a long overdue hug.  Awesome sauce!


You just can't believe how dirty the porch is.  I ran a tissue over one of the railings and was surprised at how much dirt was there.  Deanne will be coming back one of these days to help me clean it. Meanwhile, I'll clean off a chair and the table and the floor so that Pogo and I can sit out there whenever it gets warm enough. 

This morning I learned a new crochet stitch on the "knit and crochet" program on TV.  I'm not crazy about the sweater pattern they were featuring, but the stitch was rather pretty.  The overall pattern was very intricate, too much so for me.  In my younger days, this was no problem for me.  However, in my older days, I like to stick to the easy patterns.

Today I need to sit down and pay some bills.  Yuk, yuk.  After that I'll crochet a few more rows on the orange neck warmer.  Gosh, I love the color!  My newest yarn order came Friday afternoon.  I'll have to take photos of the colors because they really are nice.  I'm not sure what I'll make with one of the colors - Fuschia.  I bought it because it is just so pretty.

Now I have to catch up on some blog reading.  Before I go, let me share this awesome picture that Deanne sent to me.  I hope it starts your day with a giggle.  


I'm off now.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe an have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

8 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

I love the hug! It has to been good even through plastic to be to hug again. I miss the touching since that is normal for me to reach out and shake hands, touch a shoulder, hug.
Cute photo of the sneaky squirrel.

Laurel Wood said...

That is a cute picture and funny! I know you are looking forward to warmer temps and sitting on the porch with Pogo. GA has been cool, but the last 3 days have really warmed up. I look forward to seeing your pretty yarn colors. I once cross stitched and loved to get a new batch of embroidery thread. Wishing you a nice afternoon. Mildred

Terra said...

That photo is so cute of you two sharing a safe hug.

Dee Jaynes said...

Love you Mom- your idea with the plastic was the best !

wisps of words said...

First of all... Thank you for your comment on our awful wind and T-storm. We and family, are all safe, and that's what really counts.

You are such a Sweetheart! To offer to help. Happily no, we are fine, and the food is being replaced. And we are all safe, with no damage to our homes. And these things, are what really count. -smile-

Repeat, you are such a sweetheart!!!! I am so glad we have Net-met!

And now, to read your post!!!! -smile-

💨💦 💨💦 💨💦

wisps of words said...

Ohhhhh, that picture of your plastic wrapped hug, is priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So lovely to have wonderful family, to help us!!!! We are blessed!

Is this porch in front, or in back? I *need* to know these details! -gigggles- Either place, it is wonderful. We don't have porches, just patios, my husband built. But a porch is so much nicer.

Ohhhh fuschia yarn!!! I'd love that color. -smile-

Oh that picture of that *cheeky* squirrel.

Have the rest of a lovely Sunday!!!!

Gentle hugs,
💨💦 💨💦 💨💦

Sue said...

Sweet hug,... hugs seem to have a new meaning these days, I love porch sitting, especially when the weather is warm. We worked on getting our porch cleaned this week, that was a job!, I was one happy camper.
Give pogo a hug from me.
Blessings,
Sue

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

i can imagine how glad you will be to be able to sit on the porch once the weather starts cooperating regularly, Edna. And that was quite the hug!