Friday, May 1, 2020

Happy May Day

May 1, 2020

Good morning.  So sorry not to post yesterday, but it turned out to be a not so good typing day.  I did type my post, six times.  Each time I would get so much done, and it would just disappear.  Poof!  I stayed calm and just re-typed.  Until the last time, then I just shut down the laptop and found something else to do.

Later, I tried to see what key it was that I was probably hitting that was erasing everything.  No luck.  I tried almost every key on the keyboard and nothing happened.  This morning I had an idea to check the settings.  Sometimes when the laptop updates itself, some things may change.  And yup, the update turned the touchpad back on.  So I shut it off again.

Today will be gray and wet with temps getting up into the low sixties later this afternoon.  Lots of states are beginning to open slowly starting today through Monday.  It was sad to see so many folks on the news protesting "stay at home, stay safe."  Some told reporters "My rights are being taken away from me."

What is wrong with these people?  Is a day at the beach with friends more important than keeping people alive?  Is a couple more dollars in their pocket more important than being alive tomorrow or next week?  I know we're all wanting things to get back to normal, but let's at least be reasonable about it.

Today I'm boxing up the red and black afghan to send off to Florida to my grandson, Trio.  Because his name has III after it, he was nicknamed Trio when he was born, and it stuck.  He is my son Gary's first born.
                                                                             Trio

He had asked for a red and black afghan .  (shown inside a plastic zippered bag)


I've been working on a men's neck warmer/cowl.  So far, I've finished two of them and I'm halfway through a matching hat for one of them.  These are looking really nice.  One is done with a green variegated called Hunter (sort of a green camo) and the other is done with a Light Periwinkle blue.

Now I think I'll do a bit of catching up with my blog reading.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

8 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a handsome young man is he and how nice that you've made him something special! Take care and enjoy your day!

smiekeltje said...

So good of yoy to come up with checking the settings of your laptop! Hopefully it will not happen every time you have an update, but at least now you know what causes it.
You can save your text in Blogger in between, so if things disappear, at least you have half of your post in the draft section.
I admit, I never save in between typing a post, but as in your case the disappearing act happens quite often, it might be an idea.
If you are looking to make more afghans I might have a nice crochet stitch for you. I will send it by mail(or the picture and link of the stitch).
I saw on our news some of the protest against lockdown because of the Covid 19, and as much as I understand the people, please, why cannot they try to hold on for a bit longer and then be more safe and protect others as well?
I can agree with a slow opening and see how that goes and every few weeks perhaps a bit. But all at once open again will be a disaster.

You keep yourself safe as long as it might take, although it is hard not to be able to go out for a walk in the parc or something.
Have a wonderful day, hopefully the weather keeps getting better and better.
Hugs
Kyra

Theresa said...

Sorry about the vanishing posts:( I use the touch pad and it can be tricky. I love the afghan and your grandson is mighty handsome. I know he will enjoy it. Have a blessed and beautiful day! BIG HUGS!

Steve Reed said...

I think I may have asked this before -- but have you tried opening a separate program (like Notepad or Word) and writing your blog posts, and then copying and pasting them into the Blogger interface? You'd only have to type them once that way. If Blogger somehow deleted your post before you hit publish, you'd just have to cut and paste it again. Just a thought.

I don't understand these people who are obsessed about their "rights" to the exclusion of public health -- except that some right-wing media are pushing that narrative and suggesting, against all evidence to the contrary, that the virus isn't that bad.

wisps of words said...

Sorry about the trouble with posting. Wise, to close it down, and leave it. Then you went into Settings! Yes!

I hate Updates! They change things. Grrrrr... My old machine is so old, it can't update any more. -chuckle- but my Tablet wants me to. I do not! LOL

Open business, with logical "rules."

Pooh on those, who just want to run wildly through the streets and gather in huge gatherings. Common sense, man.

But start to open.

My 2 cents. -smile-

Trio, cute nickname!

"Tra la, it's May"
🌱🌸🌱😊🌱🌸🌱


wisps of words said...

And thank you for wanting to post daily!!!!!!!

I try too, but sometimes, don't make it.

It's just that it seems, blogging is so important, at this Horrible Time. Our posts don't have to be "earth shaking"! -grin- But staying in touch, seems so needed.

Thank you!

"Tra la, it's May"
🌱🌸🌱😊🌱🌸🌱

LV said...

That is why I am still using W7 desktop. At my age, I would never figure out W10. Another thing I notice blogger has not saying try our new blog. Have not touched it as afraid I would lose what little I know.

Buttercup said...

Spring has come to New York City and after a lot of rain, we had glorious weather today. Tomorrow looks even better. Always enjoy your posts!