Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Tripping Down Memory Lane

April 22,2020

Good morning.  The sun is shining and the temperature is 37F degrees.  We should get up into the low forties later today.  I sure hope warmer temps get here soon.

I'm in a much better frame of mind today.  Until it is fixed, I can still do puzzles and a few other things on my big laptop, and I can type my posts and comments on other posts on this little laptop.  

I have an update on my two friends who have been so sick lately.  Angelica, the one in the hospital, is doing better, and Beth is on the mend too.  Thankfully, neither one has Covid 19.

I was chatting with a friend yesterday and we were talking about our kids when they were very young.  One story I recalled took place in 1964/65.  The kids were playing outside in the backyard when Deanne (about two or three years old) came running into the house, mad as a hornet.  Her fists were balled up and her face was red.  She was crying and yelling "Don't hit the baby!  Don't hit the baby!  Why can't I hit the baby? He's bigger than me!"  (Because Gary Jr was the baby, I always told the girls not to hit the baby when he acted out at them.)

The baby, Gary Jr, was eleven months younger than Deanne.  I looked out into the yard and guess what?  The baby was bigger than Deanne.  So I told her "Okay, you can go hit the baby."  She ran back outside and knocked Gary Jr onto his patootie.  They got along fine after that.    This photo was taken in 1966.  Left to right, Audrey, Kerri, Deanne and Gary Jr.  Deanne was four and Gary Jr was three.  They had just helped to plant a pansy garden for their sister Laura Jean.


Many years later,  (very early eighties) I took this photo of Gary Jr and Deanne.  It's one of my very favorite photos.


While I was digging out these photos, I came across one of my Mom and Dad.  I only have a handful of photos of them.  This one was taken back in the forties.  I remember the dress.  It was blue and white.  Daddy's favorite color was blue.


I wasn't planning on tripping so far down memory lane today, but I'm glad I did.  These memories have made my heart very happy.  On this happy note, I think I'll go do a bit of blog reading.  I have a bit of catching up to do.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Steve Reed said...

I like your mom's dress -- very stylish! And that's a great story about Gary and Deanne.

smiekeltje said...

It is sometimes nice to have a trip down Memory Lane.
I have them once in a while too.
Glad your friend Angelica is on the mend and also Beth is doing better.
And it's already a great rlief they don;t have the Covid 19.
It is quiet here, we are doing our things, I am doing a =second panel now on the knitted blanket. I love the stitch I am using, it isn;t a very fast one, but progresses not too slow.
Keep the good spirit you have today. And good thing you have two laptops you can use for different things!
Lots of greetins and a big hug
Kyra

Theresa said...

Tripping down memory lane thru pictures is one of my favorite trips. Enjoy your day dear friend, it's gonna be a rainy one here. HUGS!

wisps of words said...

Fun trip down Memory Lane... With great photos too!

Why not do some tripping down Memory Lane at this awful time? Fun memories always lift the spirits.

Gentle hugs,
🌱🌸🌱🌷🌱🌺🌱