Friday, April 10, 2020

The Glamour Of Yesteryear

April 10, 2020

Good morning.  Well, the rains and the howling winds weren't so bad yesterday, but oh my, that thunder was something else!  It wasn't just a boom.  It was an enormous BOOM! If I were an animal, I'd have been scared out of my wits.  Thank goodness Pogo was curled up in (and under) his blanket so he didn't hear how loud it was. 

This morning, I watched "I Love Lucy."  She's such a household favorite everywhere.  To lots of folks she represents comedy, but there are other sides to her.  Aside from being very smart, she was also very beautiful.  While browsing the web, I found this photo of her from 1945 when she was with the Ziegfield Follies.  Wow, now this is really beautiful!


I looked her up on Google, and wowsie!  There are so many photos of Lucille Ball.  This woman was absolutely gorgeous!  Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could bring back some of the beauty and glamour of old Hollywood?  The movies were awesome, and the music and costumes were really something to behold.  I'm thankful that I had the chance to have all this in my life before things changed over to so much violence and nakedness.

Last night, I crocheted for a while on the tan poncho.  It's adult size so it takes a while to add each row.  I figure one or two rows a day should get it finished soon.  Today, I think I should open the bills that came in yesterday's mail.  I'm almost afraid to look at the electric bill.  For the life of me I can't understand why it is so high every month. 

I'm off to do some blog reading now.  So, till Sunday, stay safe and have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Steve Reed said...

I've never seen that photo of "Lucy" before. I loved her show as a child. (All three of her shows, actually!) But I haven't seen any of them in years and years. She was a brilliant performer and, as you said, quite a beauty too.

My Tata's Cottage said...

Lucy was incredibly beautiful plus she was an excellent business woman. I still love all the old shows. Such wonderful memories. Plus she was so funny. Oh the storms all over. We are getting snow for Easter. Wash the virus away please.
Good to see you here. Pogo is a good little sleeper.
Our son got a 6 month old Border Collie. His name is Duke and Brody calls him Duke Kaboom since he is obsessed with Toy Story 4 and Duke Kaboom is a former Evil Knievel type of hero. Duke Kaboom was in a foster home. He is now in heaven with Luna and Stella. Poor Stella she is getting so much older so she does not run with the two pups but she sure loves them. I think she would have been s good mother.
Thanks for sharing your day. Take care and stay healthy and cozy in the crazy weather. HUGS

Theresa said...

Oh YES, she is gorgeous AND funny! What a beautiful picture of Lucy! I love her! Have a blessed and beautiful day dear friend, HUGS!

smiekeltje said...

Oh, I signed out of my blogger account BEFORE publishing my comment.
Sorry!
I remember the Lucy shows too, I must have been very young then. But she was funny and also a very attractive women!
Glad Pogo was under his blanket and dreaming away during that storm and the big BOOM.
Now you'll have just to hold on and find things to do(but you always have projects on the go LOL).
Happy and Blessed ERaster to you!
Keep safe and don;t go yet into town or a parc, stay home please.
Hugs
Kyra