Friday, April 24, 2020

The Aging Years

April 24, 2020

Good morning.  Today is cloudy, temp is 41F degrees, and it's supposed to rain all day according to my phone app.  It's a good day for indoor crafts.

Yesterday I spent the whole afternoon working on a couple of get well gifts.  They'll get mailed out tomorrow along with the Sandstone poncho.  Next, I need to get back to working on my Christmas crochet projects.  

In another week it will be May.  Hopefully, warmer temps will come with it so that I can get my porch opened up and cleaned.  I'm looking forward to sitting out there and listening to the birds calling to each other.

I'm watching Ben Matlock on TV.  He can be quite entertaining.  I'm thinking that today just might be a nap and TV day.  I got up late this morning, and I'm still tired.  Pogo is already fast asleep.  

Last night I was talking on the phone with Audrey, and we got to talking about age.  I wondered how I got so old so fast.  Twenty years ago, I knew today was coming, but it was still so far off.  

Well guess what!  It snuck right up on me.  My youngest grandchild starts her third year of college in a few months.  My oldest great grandchild graduates from high school this Spring.  I have another great grandchild in high school and another in Jr High.  Where did the years go?  

This is Hailey, my first great grandchild.  Congratulations!  I love you sweetie, and I wish you much success and happiness in whatever roads you choose to travel.  



You know, I always use to say that I wanted to live long enough to see my great great grandchildren.  I just might make it.  I'm only eighty.

Today I have another photo of some blossoms in my yard.  I don't know what they are, but they sure are pretty.



I found an image on the web that I wanted to share.  It's about spending time with your children.  Especially during this "stay at home" time.  Reading to them (and with them) is a great way to enjoy this time with your kids.  



Now it's time for me to do a bit of blog reading.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

wisps of words said...

"there's no app to replace your lap" is WONNNNNNNderful!!!!!!!!!

Oh hope we all can soon, just sit out and listen to bird song! But here, it keeps going rainy or rather cold, again. Makes the sunshine days, so much more lovely, though.

A nap and tv day sounds great! Yesterday, I just didn't want to get out of the comfy and warm bed!!!!! -smile- And that's ok. Why not? It felt soooo cozzzy and warm.

You are 80. I am 83. -smile- So my Dear, you are a YOungin'!!!!! -smile-

Lovely picture of your first Great Grand daughter. Don't have any "Greats" here, just "Grands."

Let's find the little Joys we can, at this miserable time!!!!!!!!!

We have to open soon!
🌱💛🌱💛🌱💛🌱💛🌱

Steve Reed said...

I know what you mean about time sneaking up on you. I'm amazed that I'm 53! I have no idea what those flowers are, but they're really pretty.

smiekeltje said...

Time is sneaking up on all of us.
I have at times the same feeling and wonder "where have all the years gone to????"
Good day to do some napping and just do what you like to do at that moment.
If you want a nap, okay, do that, if you want to watch tv, the same, do anything else, do that LOL!
There are days it just feels good to do this way.

I might know what your little flowers are, two choices
Siberian Squill - Scilla siberica
Glory-of-the-Snow - Chionodoxa sardensis
https://www.rhs.org.uk/plants/articles/graham-rice/perennials-and-bulbs/10-blue-bulbs

Hope it helps.
It sure is time you can sit at the porch. Specially now.
Have a wonderful day and weekend!
Hugs
Kyra

Theresa said...

Time flies right by, not sure how that happens but it does. Your Great-granddaughter is gorgeous. I know you are proud of ALL of them. My Granddaughter reads to her little girl A LOT and it shows. Brooklyn is about to turn 2 and can read many of her books:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!