Monday, April 27, 2020

Bills, Bills, Bills! Life Would Be So Dull Without Them!

April 27, 2020

Good afternoon.  I was up early this morning, but I've been rather busy on the phone.  It seems that one of the bills that I sent out in the mail back in February never reached its destination.  The creditor is being quite nasty and adding lots of late charges and interest fees even though I had already sent them a letter disputing the charges because I had already paid the bill.

I contacted my bank today and the check never cleared the bank, so I guess it is still floating along somewhere out in Postal land.  The bank has put a five year stop payment on the check.  I plan now to write another letter explaining this and including a new check for the amount of the lost payment only.  Then I shall cut up that card.

I also checked online to see when Social Security recipients will be getting their stimulus checks.  It said that those checks should be out by April 29th.  I guess this is good news to lots of folks who might have been wondering about it.

Today I won't be very gabby.  This morning sort of wore me out.  But I would like to share a very interesting image that I borrowed from the web.  I think the message is quite powerful.  Hopefully, Earth's human habitants are listening.


Some states are beginning to open up a lot of things.  If you live in one of these states, just be careful not to rush back quickly, and continue your safety measures of distancing, masks, and clean hands.  I want you all to stay safe.


Now I'm going to see what's for lunch for Pogo and me.  Then I'll get started on the rest of this new day.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

How awful to read about that company harassing you Edna and then adding on those charges when it wasn't your fault the check wasn't received. Hopefully, they will get the new payment without any further aggravation to you. Understandably going through that hassle can wear you down, take care and stay well. I also agree that places shouldn't be so fast to re-open without proper precautions in place.

Anonymous said...

Good for you for standing up to that company re the never received payment. With as many credit card choices we now have one would expect good customer service to be a top priority, especially for long standing card holders with an excellent credit history. Sadly customer retention no longer seems to be as important to a lot of companies as it once did. As a long time banker just to be on the safe side may I suggest you make copies of all correspondence in addition to sending them a photo copy of their cut up card, and hopefully your bank will waive their "stop payment fee".

Steve Reed said...

Ugh -- how exhausting, to have to deal with creditors over something like that. If they don't work with you, I agree. Cut up that card!

smiekeltje said...

Creditcard companies can be very nasty! I am glad I only have a bankcard, I don;t like creditcards, because they often charge lots of extra costs or interest.
Battling with those companies about yes or no is very exhausting.
If they insist on those extra payments, cut up the card, don;t use it anymore.
And good advice from anonymous as banker, keep copies of any correspondence.

Gosh I hope it will be solved soon without too much trouble.

Tke the rest of your day easy, tomorrow is another day, with new chances LOL!
Hugs
Kyra

My Tata's Cottage said...

Give'em heck Edna! Don't let them take advantage of you that way. They should have contacted you sooner, Very frustrating. Good luck with them. Send emails and send letters and back yourself up with copies of everything! Take care xo