Sunday, March 22, 2020

This Virus Is Touching All Of Us

March 22, 2020

So far, the morning is starting off sucky!  Windows 10 has already erased my whole post.  Tomorrow, I shall call the computer store to see if they can tell me how to SHUT OFF the touchpad on my laptop.  The instructions I find on the web do not help me because the setting I need to do this is not on my laptop.  The pictures and diagrams don't match my laptop settings. 

If I can't shut the touchpad off, I may have to get rid of this laptop.  It is constantly giving me grief and stress, which I can gladly do without.  After today, I may have to use my little laptop to type my posts. 

Friday I got the news that my great grandson, Jack has pneumonia and was tested for Covid 19.  Test results should be back Monday or Tuesday.  I'm praying for negative results and a speedy healing from the pneumonia.


Jack's mom, Randi, is a nurse and yesterday was her birthday.  Happy Birthday Randi.  I'm keeping you and Jack in my prayers.  I love you.

I'm still housebound.  Deanne and Eddie are shopping for me.  Here's a photo Deanne sent me of a touch of Spring popping up in her yard.


Now I'm done with this post before it disappears again.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Hope your great grandson Jack will get better soon of his pneumonia and that he will be negative for the corona!!
What a mess with your laptop that all the time your posts are disappearing!
What brand of laptop you have? perhaps you can find that out and also then on the net perhaps how to shut off the touch pad.
There are lots of sites where you can look into. But perhaps best is to phone the shop, they may have an easy solution.
I read somewhere that holding the key Fn + F7 would disable the touchpad. And doing that again it enables again.
It depends a bit of the laptop you have. I have a Lenovo and there those keys are on.
May be it is something for you.
Yeah, it is sometimes hard to stay inside, well, I can go for grocerie shopping to the supermarket when needed, but it is hard knowing you cannot take the tram and go to city center to look around or buy something you might need(or just for fun).
We will have to deal with it. Hope everybody in your surrounding is still okay.
Have a lovely day
Hugs
Kyra

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

First, best wishes for your grandson Jack's recovery and negative virus testing, Edna. Now about that pesky and troublesome laptop, perhaps you can find some information online depending on what brand you have. I have an Apple MacBook and have never had any issues with using the touch pad, even though I bought a blue tooth wireless mouse to use with it. We are self isolating without any issues, so far, and not yet running out of projects. Also keeping in contact with people by phone, texts, emails and that's been helpful on both ends. Nice to see the early blooms as we have none here but may get some snow on Monday night, only a couple of inches before the rain comes in after. Glad to read you are getting grocery needs. Stay well and take good care of you and Pogo.

LV said...

Hang in, it has got to get better. Seems all you issues came at one time.Take care my friend.

Theresa said...

Prayers for Jack! I pray that the test is negative and that he feels all better REALLY SOON! HUGS!