Monday, March 23, 2020

The Touchpad Monster Is Alive And Well

March 23, 2020

Good morning.  Yesterday, my daughter Audrey called and attempted via the telephone to disarm the touchpad.  Well, you know this touchpad  is a very tricky little gadget.  It does not go away.  We uninstalled it, we got rid of its drivers, it did not go away.  We just don't know what it will take to get rid of it. 

I had it covered over so that I would not touch it by mistake, but now I've uncovered it.  It seems to be having a party all by itself.  It moves the cursor all over the place by itself, and it plays with the words.  I'm thinking this is a losing battle.

The weatherman says that we have a winter storm coming here shortly after lunch, including a bit of snow.  March is definitely not going out like a lamb!  It's getting tricky to type, so I'll keep this post short.

I did want to share a beautiful image that I borrowed from the web.  Its message is strong.


I have no new information about my great grandson Jack.  We're still waiting for his test results. Hopefully, we'll have some good news later today or tomorrow. 

Today I'll mail my tax stuff to the accountant and hope that it gets there in time to be filed before the deadline.  So far, the state has not extended the deadline date for filing.  I would deliver the stuff in person to their office, but I'm not supposed to go anywhere during this viral crisis time.  I'm not complaining, I do understand.

Now I'm going to make myself a hot cup of coffee and maybe crochet a bit.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Theresa said...

I use the touchpad on my computer but my husband doesn't. I will ask him if he did something to make it where it doesn't work, hmmm. Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

smiekeltje said...

Wished I knew what to do about your touchpad!!! Calling the computer store would be next thing to do perhaps.
I just did a few grocerie shopping things, it is rather quiet on the street. It was however nice to be outside for a moment, it was even nice when I walked in the sun, and very little wind.
Today I've made macaroni with minced meat and lots of chopped onions, Mixed in a bit of real butter and grated cheese. It will go in the oven this evening for dinner.
Perhaps I will do a little mahjong game on the computer, after looking around on a few blogs etc.
This evening I will be crocheting again and watching tv.
Have a fine day!
Hugs
Kyra

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hope everyone there is well. You have a busy life and so much to do. Take care of yourself sweet friend. Hugs, Diane

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sorry that touchpad is still being troublesome, Edna. Hope you and your family hear an update on Jack in these uncertain times.you may not have to be so concerned about the April @5 tax date, as I read that it has been extended to July 15 per the IRS so don’t believe it’s a state decision. Hope you’re keeping well.

Jan said...

The only way I can avoid the touch pad monster is to use a wireless keyboard and stay away from my laptop! I swear this laptop is haunted!