Wednesday, March 11, 2020

My Windows 10 Is Almost Out Of Service?

March 11, 2020

Good morning.  I was up at six a.m., ready to type my post, but Microsoft had other ideas.  Instead, I crocheted while my version of Windows was being completely updated.  I've never seen this before, but I had no choice so I let it update.  It took about an hour and forty minutes.

It said, on my screen...….
"Your version of Windows 10 is nearing the end of service.  With this update, you'll be running the most recent version of Windows.  Restart now, or leave your device on and plugged in and we'll restart it at 6:34 am."

I did not want it to shut off while I was typing, so I picked up my yarn and let the laptop do its thing.  Has anyone else had this happen?

Today is already Wednesday.  Bummer!  Only four more beautiful days of Florida for us to enjoy.  There is a UPS store down the road in Celebration that will pack up your box and mail it off for you.  So, I've decided that instead of trying find a box, then buy packing tape, I'm going to take everything that I want to mail back home to the UPS store and let them do it for me.  This gives us more time to enjoy ourselves.

I have a few more inches to go on Jazzy's poncho and it will be finished.  Of course, it takes a while to put on each row, but I'm hoping to finish it later today or tomorrow.  Meanwhile, Audrey finished the circular vest that she was making, and is now working on a new project.

Audrey and I have been indulging in a few extravaganzas, namely big bowls of ice cream with fruit and cool whip for dessert in the evening.  Doesn't this look yummy?  Mmmm!  Strawberry ice cream, crushed pineapple and cool whip. Two nights ago, we had bananas on it.


We went shopping again yesterday to return the capri pants that I had bought.  While we were there, we each picked up some new yarn.  (So what else is new?)  We needed to pick up a couple more of Pogo's doggy food, but they were out of it.  No problem.  When we go to Celebration, we'll stop at their market and pick some up there.

Celebration is a little town that Disney built across the street from Disney World.  We are right down the street from there.  Every year, I get to drive through this little town to see how much it has grown.  It's really quite lovely.

I have to share this with you.  The other morning, Audrey went outside to have a smoke, and there were three little hungry squirrels looking for some food.  She came back in and grabbed some bread (that was handy) and went back out to feed her new little friends.  After a while, I took my camera and went out to catch a few photos.



The other day when we were at the pond by the flea market, Audrey spotted something in the water and snapped a photo of it.  You'll never guess what it was.  A turtle!  As soon as it spotted us, it went right back down into the water.  Nice shot, Audrey!


Audrey will be waking up soon so I think I'll stop here and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Never saw the message of windows 10 on my laptop yet. Whatever! As long as it works, it will be okay.
That icecream sounds delicious!

I Love the new friends Audrey made! They are so cute.

Here I just finished preparations for dinner(we will have canneloni with some salad.
I take dried canneloni tubes, make my own filling and bechamel sauce with a bit of tomatoe sauce, lots of grated cheese, and in the oven it will take about 20-30 minutes to be ready. Yummie.
Have another fantastic day with Audrey in Florida.
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

This is turning out to be a fast Florida trip, isn't it? Those snapping turtles are everywhere in Florida. Glad you got to see one and to feed the friendly squirrels. Olga would make quick work of those. LOL!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I haven't owned a Windows-based computer in a number of year, Edna, but don't recall ever getting a similar message when I did. Hopefully, everything will be up and running when it completes and the best thing is to walk away otherwise things always seem to take longer. Nice that you can have the UPS store pack everything up even if it costs $ it's still a time saver so you and Audrey can go off and do other things.

My Tata's Cottage said...

I wish I were with you. I would enjoy the sunshine and warmth of it all. But Spring will be here eventually. I pray. I am excited for the warmer weather. My old bones feel better. I love the photos you took. Love the water one too! What fun you are having, HUGS