Sunday, March 29, 2020

It's A Kitty Cat's World

March 29, 2020

Good morning.  Today is supposed to be gray, damp and in the very low forties.  No problem, Pogo and I aren't going anywhere.  But it does look like the temps will be hanging in the fifties pretty soon.  Woo Hoo!  That means we can open up the little porch soon.

Yesterday, Deanne and Eddie went grocery shopping for me and delivered everything to my porch.  I put the freezer stuff away and left the rest on the porch for a while before bringing it in the house.  When they left, Deanne took the package that I had ready for mailing to the Post Office for me.  Now I can't wait for it to get to its destination.

After seeing the great granddaughters in their new ponchos, I'm realizing that the two little ones could have been longer.  If they send them back to me, I'll add more rows.  Meanwhile, I've been working on another adult poncho. 

Deanne sent me some adorable photos of Pickles and Nutmeg to share.  These two are getting along pretty good now.  Pickles loves guarding the family water supply. 


Nutmeg loves sharing cheese and other goodies with her Dad.  Do you think she has him wrapped right around her paw?  Yup, she does.  (psst, don't tell him though!)



What would we do without our precious animals?  They are so trusting and give us so much joy. 

Today I guess I'll work on some of the junk mail, then get back to my crocheting.  I have a lot of it to finish before the end of the year.  Well, I don't have to, but I want to.  I have afghans to make, and I'll probably want to make a few more ponchos. 

If I have some time in between my crochet projects, I think I'd like to try some rock painting.  I still have the book with the instructions for the Nativity set.  This would be fun to do while I'm sitting out on the porch.  Well, we'll see. 

Now I want to do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Steve Reed said...

You have so many projects going! I'm glad you're being so productive. It probably helps ease your mind during this crazy time. I'm trying to stay busy too.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I've never had a pet since childhood days when we discovered that anything furry or feathered caused my brother problems with his asthma. I can tell you a story about a poncho though: in my long-haired youthful days one of my girlfriends lent me a very pretty poncho to walk home in; it was the only garment she had that fitted me. As I walked home a car pulled up alongside me and said "Can I give you a lift, my dear?" in that voice that older men use when trying to impress a young lady. The gentleman in question was rather surprised when a young bearded man hopped in beside him. And perhaps a little embarrassed too - he was the local vicar, a man I knew well!

smiekeltje said...

Photos of Nutmeg and Pickles are adorable.
Good to hear you are still doing okay, and of course I know you are taken care of by Deanne and Eddie. They are so precious.
Send them a big hug from me, just because!
You know, those savoury French toasts are easy to make.
to have them savoury I put some salt and pepper, even some paprika(powder) in the stirred egg and bit of milk, and it is also tasty to grate some (parmesan)cheese into it.
Them quickly fry the toast in the pan and voila.... you have a meal.Usually two is enough for me. It fills the stomach good, you get some good nourrishment inside and it is done in not more then 10 minutes.
Curious what afghans you are planning to make.
Lots of free patterns for them to find on Pinterest e.g.
Okay, tv time now for me.(Jan is taking a nap).
Hugs
Kyra