Monday, March 30, 2020

Is Fashion Ever New?

March 30, 2020

Good morning.  Tis gray and most likely wet again today.  I was contemplating a trip to the park to see the water birds but I think I'll wait for a sunny, dry day.  On the other hand, I may just wait until the end of April to make that trip to the park. 

The rate that this Covid 19 is spreading is really scary.  In order to get to the park, I will have to travel by car.  You cannot do spacing very well while sitting in your car.  I think I'll just be happy to go out on my porch for a little while for fresh air now and then. 

I've been watching the news and I find it amazing how many businesses think they should be listed as essential.  The governor has closed recreational marijuana shops because they are not essential, but is allowing the medical marijuana shops to stay open.  Now the recreational MJ shops are saying that they should be allowed to open too.  What is wrong with these people?  What is so essential about the recreational MJ? 

How about a peek at the new poncho that I'm working on.  The colors I'm using are Sandstone and Macchiato.  I really like how this one is looking. 


I've been checking online to find out if and/or when Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn will ever bring back a fashion design show.  To my surprise, they already have.  It's called "Making The Cut" and it is streaming now on Amazon Prime Video.  Woo Hoo!  Guess what I'll be looking for later today!  I really love fashion design. 

While Audrey and I were shopping at the WalMart Supercenter in Kissimmee, I stopped to take a quick photo of the new bathing suits that were on display.  They were really pretty and looked just like a bathing suit that I wore when I was around fourteen or fifteen.  Here's the photo of the new bathing suits.  They just add a little kriss kross or a side panel and voila!  A new fashion.


Then I dug out a photo of me wearing my white one back in the fifties.  A lot of my classmates and I were enjoying a day at the beach.


It just goes to show that fashion isn't really new.  It keeps going round and round, sometimes skipping a generation or two.  So, I imagine that pretty soon the maxi dresses should be making another  comeback.  I'd like to see the old fashioned maternity smocks return too.  We had some of the prettiest maternity clothes way back then.

I'm looking at the clock and Perry Mason will be on in fifteen minutes so I'd best wrap up things here.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh yes, the old is new again:) Love the swimsuit picture from long ago. Enjoy your day dear friend, I think I am gonna work outside a bit today. NO rain for us. HUGS!

smiekeltje said...

You see it all the time, that some fshion trends come back again. And why not? Some of them were really nice!
Better you plan that trip for much later to the park. If there are oming some nice days, you have your porch.
It's nice that macchiato poncho. You are keeping yourself busy, and it's good, of course.
I am trying too, and I can keep myself busy, with computering, watching tv, crocheting, but it is some days hard to get myself going on householdbusiness, have to admit that to my shame!
Not doing as much as I could do.
Tomorrow I will be more energetic again.
Take care.
Hugs
Kyra

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

If you do get out for a drive, Miss Edna, I'm sure you will be practicing the mandated social distancing, as we all are now. Nice that you have a front porch to sit outside as we do miss the one we had at our former VA home. The new poncho colors are really nice. Enjoy your shows!

Steve Reed said...

Those ARE very retro bathing suits! Your comment about the marijuana shops is funny -- in many places liquor stores are considered essential, too. Equally mystifying, but I'm glad, since I enjoy a spot of wine in the evening. :)

LV said...

I have always heard, what goes around comes around. Probably, the clothes I had years ago would be back in style now.

Kathy said...

We are not allowed to go to the park here in PA. We have a shelter at home order and the only places we are allowed to go to are to get food, medication, or see a doctor. So enjoy while you can. This virus is terrible and is killing so many people. But many others are also getting better and I am so glad to hear about that.

I think the poncho is so pretty! I love the colors.

It is so funny that the old styles are coming back. Loved seeing the old picture of you. You look cute there.