Friday, March 6, 2020

I'm Having Yarn Withdrawal

March 6, 2020

Good morning.  Tis 66F degrees and cloudy.  Ah, but it is still beautiful.  Florida's Winter is like our mid to late Spring.  Today and the next couple days will be cool.  That means sixties and low seventies.  I can definitely handle this!

Pogo and I both woke up hungry in the wee hours.  He ate a whole serving of his doggy pate, and I had a bowl of ice cream with fruit and cool whip.  Oh my, yum, yum.  Then we went back to sleep until almost seven o'clock this morning.

Folks, I'm having yarn withdrawal.  Can you believe that?  It just doesn't feel right not to have at least a couple yarn projects nearby to work on.  This will have to get fixed this afternoon.  Yup, I just need to go out and buy some more yarn.

Crocheting is a win win for me.  Someone gets to have the crocheted item and my hands get to keep on working.  Audrey gave me quite a nice idea for the ponchos for Jazzy and Lilah.  I should put pockets on them.  Really!  What a great idea!

Today will be busy.  Housekeeping called to see if they could come by today instead of Monday.  They are going to be short staffed next week.  Of course, I said okay.  They will be here in a little while.  Also, daughter Audrey will be arriving here in a while too.  I can't wait!

Today I thought I'd share some photos that I took before I left home to come here.  This first one is one of our fat little squirrels.  There are lots of them on my property.


This little fellow is way over to the side of the yard, and I was on my porch.  My little camera has a great zoom lens.

Next I have a couple photos of one of our resident turkeys.  I call them our birds because they come by every day for their food.  This one is so pretty.


And so full of attitude!  I think he's saying "Don't just stare at me!  Take a picture and let me eat in peace!"


You have to admit, these turkeys are really very pretty.  Look at all the different colors in their feathers.  And all the different patterns!  Nature is so very beautiful.

I'm hoping to take lots of photos here during this next week.  I haven't gone out so far because of my breathing problems.  I'd rather have someone with me, just in case.  I have to think of Pogo.  If something happened to me while I was out walking, what would happen to him?  So I don't take chances.  He's too precious to me.

On the news, they are talking about airline fares being lowered drastically now because not as many people are reserving flights.   It costs less to fly round trip to Europe than I paid to get here.  Amazing!

And Tito's Vodka is telling its customers that it really is not a hand sanitizer.  It is only 40% alcohol.  Hand sanitizer needs to be 60% alcohol.

Bill Clinton is saying that he is now sorry about what he did with Monica.  (It took this long?)

Time for me to go and do some blog reading.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Steve Reed said...

As I recall, Clinton publicly apologized for the Lewinsky thing before his presidency ended -- 20 years ago or so.

I'm looking forward to some Florida pictures when you can get out and about.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Glad you are enjoying such warm weather, Edna, still waiting for that to stay here in NH despite some teaser days. You are wise to wait until you have someone to go out with because it's better to be safe and looking forward to seeing photos when you are out and about.

My Tata's Cottage said...

You're so cute with your crocheting. Hannah is hooked. She was already buying more yarn. HaHaHa! Enjoying some warmer weather but always cautious because the snow returns with a vengeance. Going to get some starter soil for my Porter Tomatoes. I have sixty to plant but the weather is unpredictable until Around June 1st. So I will get them started. You are wise staying safe with Pogo. I don't do any chores that require climbing a step stool or anything when I am home alone a few days a week. I hope your weekend is wonderful. Thanks for always being such a kind heart. HUGS xo

Theresa said...

Warm weather sounds wonderful! Enjoy each and every moment. I hope you get out and get some yarn, I know you enjoy it. I wish I could learn, my niece Crystal makes all kinds of pretties. Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Sue said...

Sounds like you and Pogo are having some nice quiet time, I haven't crocheted in a long while, maybe when audrey comes you will find some and those hands will be busy creating, having pockets on the ponchos is a great idea.
the photos are great, we have brown and white turkeys, and have wild bronze in the woods, last fall a wild bronze turkey came near our turkey pen and called one of our hen turkeys out to the woods we never saw her again.

Thanks for visiting and for your sweet comment.
Blessings,
Sue