Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Happy News

March 24, 2020

Good morning.  Today the sun is shining but it is still a bit on the cold side.  Yesterday, we had snow.  Yup, this is my driveway once the snow started falling.


 There was good news though.  Jack Jack's test results came back and he does not have Covid 19.  However, he does have to stay quarantined for his own safety because he is high risk.  So now we are all praying for the pneumonia to heal soon. 

I have another really happy story to share today.  My mailman came by yesterday with the mail.  While keeping a safe distance, he asked if I needed anything.  I did need stamps, so I gave him a check for a roll of stamps and he said he would bring them by after work.  He did, and he also brought me some boxes of pasta, some rolls of toilet paper, a box of gloves and a  huge bottle of water. 

This definitely made my heart happy.  The world is full of wonderful people.  Folks, if there is someone elderly or shut in living near you, do check in on them to see if they need anything.  Even if they don't need anything, just the fact that you thought of them will make their whole day a happy event.

Yesterday I also finished the fourth poncho.  This one is for my great granddaughter Lilah.  Today I shall package it up along with the one for her little sister, and hopefully mail them to the girls.  Here's a photo of Lilah's poncho.  This one is Minty Green.


Next, I shall have to look for a nice pattern for something for the boys.  Plus, I still need to finish the Navy afghan and a couple others.  Goodness knows, I have plenty to keep me busy. 

Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe, and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Dee Jaynes said...

Your Mailman is Awesome!!

smiekeltje said...

Did I publish my comment???? Gosh, don;t know. To be sure here again (LOL)
Good news about the test of Jack. Now sending him get well soon wishes from Holland!

And what a nice thing of your postman! There are people who take care and look after eachother still!

I gathered a few links for ponchos for you. I will send them by email. May be there is something nice to find.
Have a lovely day!
Hugs
Kyra

Sue said...

Wonderful news about Jack's test, prayers for healing, there are are amazing people, who help others, God's timing is always perfect!
Your poncho is so lovely beautiful color combo.
have a blessed day.
Sue

Steve Reed said...

That was so nice of your mailman! Amazing! We aren't able to get any toilet paper at all here, so treat it like gold!