Sunday, February 2, 2020

Welcome February

February 2, 2020

Good morning.  It's still dark out and the temperature is 33F degrees.  According to my phone app, temps today should get up into the upper thirties with not much sunshine.  The good news is that it's only forty two days until Spring.

Let;s welcome another brand new month.  This is February, and it is the month for lovers.  Here's the February page from my calendar.


Yesterday Pogo and I did not go shopping.  Deanne took Jazzy to the doctor, and Jazzy has the flu.  This is not something I want to catch.  So we stayed in and I got some laundry ready.  However, it did not make it into the washing machine, so I guess that will be my first project for today.

I'm thinking that between the laundry and the taxes, I should be busy all day.  After that, I want to place an order for some new yarn.  I have a couple ideas for new craft projects, and I'm anxious to be able to start them.  Plus, I've always made my afghans and lapghans with acrylic yarn, and now I would like to try making one with cotton yarn.  I have a cotton blanket that I love, so I would imagine that a cotton lapghan would be very comfy.

*******I've just taken a break to go outside to feed the turkeys.  They are gobbling softly to let us know that they are hungry.  We have two groups that come by for food.  One group has six birds and the other group has seven birds.

I found this really interesting piece of artwork on the web and had to borrow it to share here.  Can you guess what it is called?


I believe it is called Mother wrench feeding her young.  Is this not cute?  I love the creative level here.  Before I leave to start my laundry, let me share another image that I borrowed from the web.  This one has a really important message for all of us.  We need to take better care of our trees and forests.  We need them!


Now I'm off to get the first load of laundry into the washing machine.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

P.S.  Note the date today, 02/02/2020.  This won't happen again for another 101 years - 12/12/2121.

5 comments:

Beth Reed said...

I loved both images. The artwork is really creative and the truth of the tree is spot on. I wish people treated our natural resources better. Especially our trees.

I am super tired today. I keep trying to lay back down but I seem to have to keep getting back up for something. The kids are still here. They have car trouble.....

Steve Reed said...

Ugh. Taxes. Don't remind me. I like the wrench art -- I could tell right away what it was supposed to be!

Sue said...

I have two loads of laundry looking at me too ,Edna, prayers for all who are sick, my concern with our son leaving on an airplane this week, is getting the flu, he has promised to wear a mask!
Cute artwork,, we should indeed protect our trees.
Enjoy your evening,
Sue

Barbara said...

This was an interesting and varied post. Feeding turkeys, doing taxes, separating the laundry, among other things. The wrench art was cute.

Theresa said...

Oh no, that flu is nothing to mess with. I hope Jazzy feels better and has a light case! Enjoy your day dear friend, hope you get lots of chores done! HUGS!