Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Spring Is Springing!

February 26, 2020

Good morning.  Today is going to be another of "those" days.  My laptop has already erased my post once.  This is my second time typing it.  It's gray and 41F degrees today, and we may have a sprinkle this morning. 

I called the new Walmart in Kissimmee yesterday and had a lovely chat with the store manager about delivering the groceries to my door.  She assured me that they pick only the freshest foods and that the delivery is less than $10.  I just have to place my order a couple days ahead.  So, this Friday I will place my order to be delivered after Pogo and I get to the condo.

I've been asked about the new meds that Pogo is on.  Pogo has a wicked allergy to fleas, but he has had some bad reactions to all the different flea meds that we've tried over the years.  Now we are trying NexGard K9 Sm.  We've also started him on Apoquel for the constant itch.  So far it seems to be working really well.

Steve, you certainly did see lots of girls wearing a poncho like the ones I'm working on.  My pattern book was published in 1970.  It's called The Gypsy Crochet Thing."  I made lots of these ponchos back in the seventies, so I figure it's time to re-invent them.  My great granddaughters are going to look awesome in them.

As promised, here are some photos showing the tiny green shoots coming up in my garden and the new buds on some of my trees.




And, look who is coming out of hiding to keep watch over all the new little plants.  Yup, it's the Stone brothers, two tiny rabbits who look after the garden.  Don't you just love that adorable grin?


I worked on the little poncho last evening, and I think it only needs a few more rows.  I did do a couple rows of  "Crushed Berries" that looks really nice with the Raspberry yarn.  I'll take a photo to share when it is finished.

My favorite lawyer program, Perry Mason, is on the TV now and I'm off to watch it.   So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

Steve Reed said...

I'm glad you're getting some hints of spring! We've started recording Perry Mason here too -- you inspired me because you mention it so often, LOL! I hadn't seen it in years but I still like it.

And it's FANTASTIC that you're resurrecting those patterns from the '70s. Your grandkids will love them. They have a lot of retro style appeal!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

I remember those 70's ponchos, and still own one !
Looks like things are ready to burst out there in your garden, it's so encouraging.
Love your little stone rabbits, I'm a rabbit-lover through and through, they are all over the garden :)
Snow showers for us today, brr.
Have a great day Edna.
Hugs,
~Jo

Annsterw said...

YAY to Spring! Bring it on!

Kathy said...

Now I have to go out to my garden to see if anything is up and growing. It has been wicked cold here so I didn't even l. I remember wearing a poncho when I was younger. Can't wait to see what you made.

Theresa said...

Yeah to SPRING buds! Love the poncho and I remember them from long ago! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

smiekeltje said...

I remember those poncho's too! My mother has made me several, as well as she knitted lovely dresses in lace patters, made an underslip for them from satinlike material in about the same colour as from the yarn. Really lovely!
It would be fantastic if you can get your groceries delivered at your door!
And if the price for delivery isn't really expensive(you save also on fuel for the car obviously)it can be a great help.
Hopefuly those new medicins for Pogo against the fleas will be the right ones for him.
Have a lovely day,
Hugs
Kyra

Sue said...

We enjoy Perry Mason too! I think we are going to have an early spring too! Our Bradford pears are in full bloom!
Hope the delivery service works well, love and prayers to dear Pogo, hope the new meds work well for him.
Blessings,
Sue