Sunday, February 23, 2020

Oh My, What A Beautiful Day!

February 23, 2020

Good morning.  Tis a beautiful day today.  The sun is shining and the temperature is 44F degrees and headed to 50F degrees.  Woo Hoo!   Tomorrow is supposed to be nice too.

Well, it's been a busy weekend so far.  I did a couple loads of laundry, worked on my tax stuff, cooked up a pot of spaghetti, reserved my rental car in Florida and crocheted a bit.  Pogo is on his new meds, and I'm hopeful that they will help.  Especially with this allergy to fleas. 

I spray and wash Pogo's blankets all the time, but the fleas manage to come in anyway.  And that makes my poor little guy scratch.  And that makes his hair fall out.  Oh no!!  This is day two on the meds and already he is not scratching as much.  And that makes his mommy happy. 

I spent the wee hours this morning deciding on what projects to work on while I'm in Florida.  I've picked out two so far.  I made this little knitted skirt many many moons ago, and I'd like to try making it again.  I'm thinking it would look cute with a pair of leggings and a pretty top. 


I've narrowed my color choices down to these four.  Only two will do, I just don't know which two yet.  If they come out good, I'll give them to granddaughter Jazzy and great granddaughter Lilah.


The other project I'd like to make are ponchos for great granddaughters Alima and Aurora.  One color will be Raspberry, and I'm not sure about the other one yet.


So that's what I've been up to.  I've been wanting to work on these projects for quite some time now so I think this is the year that I'll do it. 

Today I want to call down to the new WalMart supercenter that is right near my condo and find out what is involved in getting groceries delivered.  Maybe I could call ahead and have an order ready to be delivered shortly after Pogo and I arrive.  Tomorrow I'll call to set up my oxygen concentrator delivery to the condo.  After that, it's time to start packing. 

Now I'm off to see what sort of mischief I can get into today.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Oooh! I hope pogo gets to feeling better and that the meds continue to work.
The skirt is so lovely, I like the gold and green colors.
Happy traveling, enjoy!.
Blessings,
Sue

Kathy said...

Poor Pogo. I hope he gets rid of those bad fleas soon. That skirt pattern is adorable. I would use the gold and red colors, but any of the combinations would be beautiful.

Steve Reed said...

I remember girls in my neighborhood had ponchos like that when I was growing up. What medicine is Pogo on for his fleas? We use Advantage and it seems to do the trick. (I think that's what it's called anyway...something like that.)