Friday, February 28, 2020

Oh My, Just Two Days Till Florida!

February 28, 2020

Good morning.  The sun is shining and the temperature is 31F degrees.  And there's only today and tomorrow to get ready to leave for vacation.  Oh dear!  I still have so much to do.  Folks, don't get old any faster than you have to.  You'll slow down and never quite get things done on time anymore.

Well, at least that's what is happening here.  I've slowed down so much!  Normally I wouldn't care but there are times when I would like to move quicker than I do.  Like now.  Wouldn't it be nice if I could just wiggle my nose (like on Bewitched) and get everything done on time?  Believe me, I've tried, but wiggling my nose just makes me sneeze!

Yesterday, Deanne sent me a photo of an item that was in the newspaper.  It was about the Paris Cabaret and the current show, Malt Shop Memories. 


Here's the original photo that was published.


There was also an article about the upcoming show, Bye Bye Birdie.  Here's a photo of the cast for that show.  (I'll be going to see it towards the end of March)  Our Jazzy is bottom right in both photos.


Well, our suitcase is packed.  There's only a few little things to put in it.  I packed light and left plenty of room for my yarn projects to fit in the suitcase.  Now I won't have to mail a box to myself with all my yarn projects. 

Today, I need to go over all the bills to see if any will have to be paid while I'm away.  If so, I'll leave checks with Deanne and she will take care of them.  Yesterday, I was able to order groceries to be delivered to my condo after Pogo and I get there.  It took a while to figure out how to do it, but I managed.

I also called the oxygen company to make sure they will have my oxygen concentrator delivered Sunday.  They said I needed a two week notice. This was news to me, but they finally said they would try.

Tomorrow, Deanne will come by to make sure everything is all set and we'll go over any last minute things.  I would love to take her with me.  She surely could use some time in the warm sunshine to just relax. 

Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading before getting into my daily mischief.  I just might post here tomorrow because I know I won't have time Sunday morning to do it.   If I don't post right away from Florida, please be patient with me.  I'll be trying to learn my way around my little laptop.  In any case, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Latane Barton said...

Oh, to lie in the sun and soak up all that warmth. It's so chilly here. I am ready for spring. You have a fabulous time in Florida and just know I am green with envy!!

LV said...

Trust all goes well and you have a wonderful trip.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Enjoy your time away, Edna, and never be concerned about blogging because you are on vacation. Relax and enjoy yourself and have a lot of fun!

Theresa said...

I am slow here too but thankful that we are still moving:) Jazzy is beautiful and sooooo talented, I know you are proud. I hope you have the best time in Florida! I am sure you will. Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!