Monday, February 3, 2020

I Love A Good Book

February 3, 2020

Good morning.  The sun is shining, today's temps will be warm and I'm watching Perry Mason on TV.  This is a great way to start my day.  It will take me a while to type this post because I'm doing it during the commercials.

I've tried to record the Perry Mason episodes, but for some reason they don't record.  If they have, I haven't been able to find them.  Twenty years ago, I was a little more tech savvy.  Somehow though, time has eroded what little savvy I had.  So I take some time to sit and enjoy my favorite programs while they are being aired. 

Yesterday, I did a bit of laundry.  Then last night I treated myself with a new book.  I started to read it a while ago, but then I got busy with other things and did not get back to it until last evening.  I have to say, this is really an interesting book.  It's titled "Lincoln's Gift...How Humor Shaped Lincoln's Life & Legacy."


Abraham Lincoln was a very interesting man.  I would love to have met him.  He was known for his honesty, fairness and sense of humor.  Although he did not have access to a lot of education as a boy, he never stopped studying and learning.  He loved reading, and telling stories.  His favorite poet was Robert Burns, and he especially loved Shakespeare's Hamlet and Macbeth.

Lincoln was self educated, becoming a politician, a lawyer and eventually President.  At one point, he interrupted his political campaigning to volunteer to serve in the militia.  (for three terms)  If you are interested in reading this book, you can find it at Amazon for $9.95.  If you do get it, enjoy!

Next, I borrowed this posting from the web to share with you.  I was not aware of this.  I don't use my phone while I'm driving.  No texting or emailing.  My phone hooks up to my car so I can answer a phone call without touching my phone.  I found the paragraph "What We Recommend" quite interesting, something else I did not know.


Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading.  So till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Sue said...

This sounds like a great read, Edna, I have always enjoyed reading and watching movies about Abraham Lincoln, the best picture was when Henry Fonda played the part of Abe, very good movie.

it;s nice to have something connected to your car, our daughter has this, certainly makes it safer, as I am always reminding my family , Don't text and drive. ~lol
Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comment.
Sue

Susan Zarzycki said...

Your book sounds interesting, I will check with the library for it. I just finished A Gentleman in Moscow. Also a great book. I try to get large print whenever I can. 💖

Steve Reed said...

For some reason I thought you were in New Hampshire!

Sounds like an interesting book. One wonders what Lincoln would have been like if he'd had access to a formal education. I suppose it would be hard for him to have been more influential than he already was!