Friday, February 14, 2020

Happy Valentine's Day

February 14, 2020

Good morning, and Happy Valentine's Day.  How about an adorable cupid to start your day off right?  Isn't he a cutie?  Yup, this is my grandson Kevin.  Imagine this two pound miracle growing up into a tall handsome fellow! 


I have to share a funny photo with you.  Deanne sent this to me last evening.  It's Sassy and Nutmeg.  They don't really get along very well with each other, but it is snack time.  According to Deanne, they are both greedy and will tolerate each other long enough to get their snacks. 


Yesterday, on her way to work, Deanne stopped by to bring me a bag of goodies and a gorgeous rose plant.  In the bag were two containers of green tea and some chocolate truffles.  Well, you know those truffles never lasted past supper time!  And that rose is beautiful.  I've never seen one this color. 


Isn't this beautiful?  Let's hope I can keep it alive until it's warm enough to put it outside.  Alas, my green thumb done died a long time ago. 

Today Pogo and I are going to enjoy a quiet day.  The weatherman says that tonight is going to be the coldest night of the year so far, and it will be cold for a while.  I think we'll be spending a lot of time under the big orange comforter till the deep freeze is over. 

I think I'll cook up a pot of pasta.  Lately, Pogo has taken to wanting a bit of pasta on his plate of doggy food, and I have a hankering for some pasta too.  Hmm, just talking about it is making me hungry.

Well, that's my news for this morning.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Dee Jaynes said...

Happy Valentine’s Day Mom - Love You <3

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The rose really is gorgeous! I've never seen one like it! How nice to get special things to enjoy! Happy Valentine's day!

Theresa said...

Oh my goodness, that little Cupid is adorable:) It sounds like you had a wonderful Valentine's day, beginning to end. Have a blessed Saturday dear friend, HUGS!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The roses are lovely, Edna. Your grandson was a real charmer too and I thought you would also post a photo of him all grown up :-) We had pasta tonight for dinner and it was very good so hope that you and Pogo enjoyed some as well. Stay warm because it's cold here in New England this weekend.