Sunday, February 16, 2020

Another Rising Star

February 16, 2020

Good morning.  It's gray outside, but my weather app says the sun will come out and temps will warm up to the high thirties.  Hang in there, Spring is only 32 more days away.

A reader commented that I should have posted a "today" photo of Kevin along with the cupid photo of him.  Beatrice, you are absolutely right!  I thought of it afterward, but I had already shut off my laptop.  So I've updated the cupid photo.  (He's an electrician busy at work on a building in Boston.)


Well, we have another rising star in our family.  My great granddaughter Lilah loves the stage, and performed in a show last evening.  (and today)  This is one of the posters that the kids made.


This is Lilah on the right, and the next photo is Lilah after the show.  We are all so very proud of our Lilah. 



I haven't really accomplished very much lately.  When it gets this cold, my energy is non-existent.  Hopefully, I can get a few things done today.  There's so little time left before Pogo and I leave for Florida, and so much to do. 

Last night, I worked on the lapghan until I ran out of yarn.  Actually, it is long enough to be done, but I wanted to put a few more rows on it.  So, I'll go online today and order a small skein.  I'd like to mail the lapghan off to my friend before I leave for Florida.  I'm making this one for my friend Nani in Ohio.  I just hope she likes it.  It's the first one I've made with cotton yarn.

A while ago, I planted a light pink Amaryllis.  A few days ago, it blossomed.  Oh my, what a beauty it is!  It has six blossoms and is just gorgeous.


Now I think I'll refresh my cup of coffee and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day. 

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

You have a lot of talent in the family, just like Jazzy(how is she doing with the flu??)now there is Lilah on the stage!
And there are also lots of other talents in our family, it's a family you certainly can be proud of.

You Amaryllus is just GORGEOUS!
our energy will come back when the Spring will come and hopefully that with nice temperatures, so you can go and sit at the porch.
Have a lovely day,
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

Beautiful amaryllis! I guess I need to plant ours -- they're still in hibernation.

It must be an immense relief to a middle-school student to perform in a play in which mistakes are intentional!

Dee Jaynes said...

Love you Mom <3

Barbara said...

Lilah is beautiful! I can see why you are so proud of her.

Your grandson -- what neat pictures of him "then" and "now". So must have been born a preemie at 2 pounds. My, how the Lord has blessed!!!

The pale pink Amaryllis is truly lovely.

Depending where you are headed in Florida, be sure to pack a sweater and an umbrella. We get it all around here. Well, no snow. No need to worry about that and I assume you are escaping real winter with this trip you have planned.

Blessings!

Theresa said...

Handsome cupid then and now:) I love your beautiful bloom, looks like Spring to me! All of that talent in your family, what a blessing! Have a wonderful day dear friend, HUGS!