Friday, January 17, 2020

We're Off To See A Kitty Cat

January 17, 2020

Good morning.  Tis a wee bit chilly this morning.  Only 18F degrees, but it might get up to 22F degrees later today.  The good news is that the sun is supposed to be shining most of the day.  It's a good day to stay in, but we're going to pick out a kitten this morning.

Deanne, Jazzy and I are going to visit a shelter this morning so that Deanne can pick out a kitten to adopt.  This is a dangerous trip for me.  I have a difficult time leaving a pet store or shelter without wanting to bring some off the animals (at least one) home with me.  I've always been like this.

When my kids were little, they talked me into so many animals.  At one point, there were more animals than people in our home.  But it was nice.  The apartment where we lived would not let us have a dog, so we had cats, birds, fish, turtles, a bunny, guinea pigs, mice and a skunk.

The worst for me were the mice and the skunk.  Audrey wanted a pair of little white mice for Christmas.  Oh lordy me, no one ever told me how quickly two mice would become several hundred.  We finally had to talk the pet shop into taking them.  As for the skunk, well, Deanne asked me to let her go into the pet shop just to look around.  I should have known better.  We came out of the store with our new little skunk, which Deanne had named Petunia.

Petunia turned out to be very vicious to everyone except Deanne.  She ate the cushions of my kitchen chairs, the bottoms of the cabinet doors, and part of the trash barrel. She even ate the insulation out from under the refrigerator.  After a while, she would go after anyone who dared to go into the kitchen.  She had declared that her domain.  After she attacked a maintenance man, we had to take her back to the pet store.

It's only a little after six o'clock so it won't be daylight for at least another hour.  I'm watching Dragnet on TV.  My favorite show, Perry Mason, comes on at nine o'clock but we leave for the shelter before that, so I'll tape it so that I can watch it later.

Here's another little story from my bathroom book.  I hope this starts your day with a giggle.


I think I'm going to try to catch a few more winks before it's time to leave.  Before I go, let me leave you with this thought that I borrowed from the web.  It's such a simple message, but it could mean so much to someone.

I'm off now.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It’s nice to read that Deanne is going to a shelter to look for a kitten to adopt as there are many animals that need good homes and hope she finds one. Thanks for the chuckles for the weekend, Miss Edna.

Theresa said...

Oh a new kitten will be nice! That is funny about the sausage factory:) Hehe, thanks for the chuckle! Have a blessed day my friend, HUGS!

My Tata's Cottage said...

You made me smile here and I love kindness too. Love sharing it everywhere I can. THat skunk sounds like a holy terror. Glad you took him back, my goodness I did not realize they had such an appetite for household items. Good luck with the kitten search. I am a sucker for rescue pets too. You are always in my thought and Pogo too. HUGS and LOVE and stay warm.

smiekeltje said...

Have to get back to the pet story! Gosh, what an adventure, specially about te mice and that skunk(how did Deanne came by the name of Petunia???? And that for a skunk????? LOL).
nd yeah, Hold your breath and don;t listen to your heart in that shelter, because you could end up with another pet and you already have Pogo.
But I know the feeling, I have the same! Sometimes it is terrible to have such a heart for abandoned animals!
Good that there ar shelters for them with good people taking care of them, we should all support them and if people want a pet, go to shelter and give a pet a good home with love, because you will get it back in double.
Hugs
Kyra

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I so agree about the kindness...you never know what others are going through! You can always be kind and smile. Hope she finds the perfect kitty today! What a fun thing to do! Hugs!