Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Welcome To The Family, Nutmeg

January 22, 2020

Good morning.  Well, as you can see, Deanne and her family have decided on a very different name altogether for their new kitten.  She's being named "Nutmeg."  Here's a photo that Deanne sent to me last evening.  You can see that Nutmeg is having fun playing in her new home.  Isn't she just a cutie?


The sun is shining today, but it is still cold.  The temperature is 25F degrees.  It may get as high as the mid thirties later today.  Spring, oh Spring, where art thou?  Pogo and I would like some warmer temperatures.  Each year, the cold seems to feel even colder to this old body of mine.

Last night I added a few more rows to the red and black afghan, and now I only have around fifteen more rows to go. I just might get both of these afghans finished before I go to Florida.  That would really be nice.  Once the red and black one is finished, I'll box it up and mail it to my grandson Trio.  I'll also mail one to Sweden for Ulf and his girlfriend. 

I've decided to give the Cranberry afghan that I made before to Ulf.  When I finish an afghan, I store it in a zipped plastic storage bag.  Then when I need a special gift or a donation for a raffle, I just have to pick one out.

Audrey has been working on some new projects too.  Here's a baby blanket she just finished for a friend.  I love the colors and the pretty edging.  This is beautiful, Audrey.  Your friend is going to love it. 


She's starting another new project, but I'll save that for tomorrow's post.  Right now, I'm waiting for the new pattern book to get here.  It will be a while yet because it isn't supposed to get here until sometime between January 27 and February 3rd. 

Sometime this year, I'd also like to finish two more afghans for Aurora and Xander.  You know what I'd really like?  When the warm weather finally gets here, I'd like for a few more hours added to each day.  I know, I know.  But a girl can dream, can't she?

Well, Matlock is on TV now and I'm going to watch it.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day. 

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Steve Reed said...

You're so industrious!

smiekeltje said...

Lovely cat, Nutmet and I love the name! I'm sure she will feel at home real quick!
Gosh, you keepsy with the afghans, while I don;t do anything crafty at the moment.
I should pick up the blanket was working on(new bedspread for our bed) I started crocheting some parts together, but must find somehow or somewhere the spirit for it again. It shouldn;t take all too long to have it finished I think.
We had a few days of some colder temperatures, but still just above zero, so not too complain all too much.
Sorry you have some real not nice weather at the moment. Just one thing to do, wrap yourself into your orange blanket, put the heater or central heating on, warm socks, and you will come through this rough time! I can't wait either that spring will come, we are no people for cold and snow.
Have a lovely day.
Hugs
Kyra

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That is a great name for Deanne’s new kitty and seems to suit the coloration too.