Tuesday, January 21, 2020

We Americans Are A Proud Lot

January 21, 2020

Good morning.  I know I'm late today, but Deanne and I went to the shelter this morning to pick up her new kitty kat.  I think they are leaning more to the name  Pebbles, but I won't know for sure until this evening when they have their family meeting.  So far, all I know is that the new kitten does not like Sassy (their doggy). 

Well, did any of you watch the march on Richmond, Virginia yesterday?  I kept the news on all day just to make sure no one would get hurt.  My daughter and her friends were there.  I did not have to worry though.  Us legal gun folks are peaceful and law abiding.  There were 22,000 people at this rally, and not one speck of trouble from any of them.  They even made sure to clean up the area before they all left to go home.

Here's a photo of Audrey and her friend Ellen.  Did I mention that it was super cold there?  Everyone is bundled up to keep warm.


Here are a few photos from yesterday's rally.  This was a huge, but peaceful crowd.  Even law enforcement was there.  This is a great country, and these are just some of it's wonderful people.



And here's a view from Senator Cosgrove's office window, just to give you an idea of how many folks were there.  These folks came from all over the country to stand up for their rights.


It's almost noon, and Pogo and I have just finished our breakfast.  It was too cold to get up early this morning to eat before I left.  Besides, when it gets this cold, my coffee doesn't stay warm very long.  I have to drink it right up.  The temperature now (outside) is 23F degrees, and that's about how high it will get today.  Maybe one or two degrees higher for maybe an hour or two.

I keep telling myself that Spring is coming soon.  Sometimes it helps, and other times I crawl back under my big orange comforter.  I am so glad I bought this comforter.  It's been keeping Pogo and I quite comfy.   I do have electric blankets, but I hardly ever have to plug them in.  Only when the outside temperatures get really mean.

Today, I'm going to shop online for some warm slippers.  Even with fuzzy socks, my feet get cold walking on these floors.  I feel so bad for Pogo when he has to walk on it.  He will not wear slippers.  Well, I'm going to do some blog reading now, so till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B

2 comments:

Theresa said...

I saw the crowd on tv, peaceful and NO trouble. That's the way it is supposed to be. We have a gun and want to keep it. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Glad to read that all were safe during the rally as so many of these can become quite disruptive when hot topics are the subject. Looking foreword to reading the decision on the new kitty’s name and seeing photos of the new family member. Stay warm, it’s cold in NH as well.