Monday, January 20, 2020

Peppers, Pebbles Or Zucchini?

January 20, 2020

Good morning.  My goodness, how's this for a date?  One, twenty, twenty, twenty.  I think it's interesting.  Tis cold here.  The temperature is 19F degrees, and may get up into the mid twenties later today.  Brrr! 

Deanne and Jazzy are asking for your thoughts on the new kitten's name.  They are now thinking of Peppers, Pebbles and Zucchini.  What do you think?  I'm leaning toward Pebbles.  Tomorrow, Deanne picks up the new kitten and it will get it's new name tomorrow night.  I'll be looking forward to your thoughts.

Folks, I crocheted one small pouch for a baby Australian animal.  It's very easy, but it's with a smaller stitch and hook, so the work comes out tighter and closer.  This makes my hands hurt.  I had to stop and take breaks to give my hands a rest.  At this rate, it would take me all year just to make a few of these little pouches. So, I went online and donated money for the animals' care instead. 

I'm sorry, I did try.  Maybe I can turn the pouch that I made into a little purse.  One of my  great granddaughters might like it.  Meanwhile, I put a few more rows on the red and black afghan.  I think I have about twenty two more rows to go on it. 

I've been watching the news for information about the big rally in Richmond, Virginia.  Audrey and Mac and some of their friends are there.  I'm praying for their safety.  The governor there seems to be treating all the rally folks as terrorists.  His staff and followers appear to be making life very difficult for the folks protesting some of the laws that are being passed before the public even knew they were included inside other bills.  This is really sneaky, and dangerous. 

It's sad when the government officials take to being sneaky and lying to their public.  It's sad that only 40% of the voters showed up at the polls when these politicians were being voted into office.  Folks, these days especially, it's so very important to get out and vote on election days.  Your vote can make a really big difference.  If you can't get out, call someone.  They can either take you to the polls, or help you get an absentee ballot. 

Today I'm going to share another new book that I've ordered.  I also ordered one for Audrey, seeing as how so many of her friends have babies and small children.  This one is full of patterns for making crocheted stuffed animals.  It also shows you how to use parts of each pattern to make other animals than the ones in the book.  The book is called "Cuddly Crochet Critters."  It's available from Dover Publications and Amazon.  (It's cheaper on Amazon, plus free shipping.)


While I was surfing the web recently, I came across another great new invention that could be most useful.  It's a wrench, and I think it's rather interesting.  What do you think?


Now I'm going to make a cup of hot cocoa and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Brrr, I won't complain too much about the temps here, it's really cold where you are! Stay warm up there. Hmmm... I will have to think about a name for the kitty. I like your choice. I also think Lucky would be a nice name, that kitty is really LUCKY to be adopted:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Sue said...

My heart goes out to the people and animals in Australia.
I like the name pebbles too,.
Thank you for encouraging folks to vote, I agree with all you have spoken, Edna.
And that is some wrench you have shared too! Have a blessed day., and give Pogo a hug from me.
Sue

TJ Davis said...

Years ago my niece rescued a kitten from a dumpster. Poor little thing was all but dead. It remained stunted for all it's life. My sister who ended up caring for the kitten quickly named it, "Meow say dung." To this day it's my favorite cat name.

Annsterw said...

I am also praying for everyone in the country! There is no peace and love - UGH! Thank you for helping the animals in any way you can! I need to do this asap! Praying for peace! HUGS