Monday, January 27, 2020

Mini Skirts And Go Go Boots!

January 27, 2020

Good morning.  Tis 35F degrees and sunny.  Although it must have rained sometime during the night because we have a few puddles.  Today's temps may reach the very low forties.  How quickly our weather forecast changes.  I thought we were going to have a few days with temps in the forties, but after today the temps won't get out of the thirties for a few days.  Of course, that's according to my phone app.

Deanne stopped by yesterday before work for a visit and she brought me the neatest gift.  It's a desktop word search puzzle calendar.  I've never seen one before, and it's really quite fun. 


Every page covers two days, and a word search puzzle.  Now this is really fun.  Thank you Deanne, I'm enjoying this.  Here's the first page.  If any of you like these puzzles, I'll include them now and then. 


I wasn't very energetic yesterday.  I had me a nap, and washed one load of Pogo's blankets.  Of course, because of that nap, I was up most of the night.  Thank goodness WeTV has so many good old TV shows on all through the night. 

Yesterday, I did go through some of my tax stuff, and then last night I put a few rows on the navy blue afghan.  Today I have a few things to do, but first I need to scrounge up some energy.  Or maybe I'll just wait until tomorrow. 

Do you realize that the end of this week will be the beginning of a new month?  I read how time really does go by faster as we get older, and it's true.  By the time I get through Monday and Tuesday each week, it's already Friday. 

A friend posted this next image on the web and I borrowed it to share here.  This is so true for all us grannies and great grannies.  I'm sure today's kids have never even given this a thought.  A lot of them think us old folks have just never been young and hip and carefree.  But we were!  Oh my, the fun us old folks had in our day!


On this happy note, I'll take my leave.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I saw the last photo on facebook and posted it too. So true. I remember wearing a mini skirt to my library job on my first week and decided since I had to shelve on the bottom shelf and showed everybody everything when I leaned over that it wasn't a good idea. But we really were cool, weren't we?

Thanks for the word search puzzle. I do like doing them and will try to print it out later.

We are getting the 40 degree weather you were predicted. So glad it finally got out of the 30s.

Have a good day!

Theresa said...

Oh yeah, we are cool:) The time flies by so fast and as hard as I try, it just won't slow down. That word search calendar looks like a fun way to watch the days go by! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!