Monday, January 6, 2020

Confusing Newscasters

January 6, 2020

Good morning.  Today would have been my daughter Kerri's 59th birthday.  Happy birthday Kerri Anne.  We love and miss you very much. 

I was watching the news this morning on TV.  They had a problem though, and I'm not sure what it was.  While they were discussing one item of news, the newscaster said "it's 6:30 now so...."  It was daylight outside my window, and it does not get to daylight until after 7 a.m.  I looked at my clock and saw that it said 7:30.  Hmmm.

Pretty soon, while talking about the weather, they said "it is 6:40."  My clock said 7:40.   Soon, they said " it was 6:44 a.m. and that it would be daylight around 7:13 a.m."  My clock said 7:44 a.m. and it had been daylight for a while.  Confusing??????  This was the Boston Channel Five News.

Today I have one of my favorite old photos.  This was taken around late December, 1965.  It was my first four generation photo.  Left to right, back row:  Grandpa Thibault, Great Grandpa Thibault, and my children's Daddy.  Front row:  Kerri, Laura Jean, Audrey, Gary Jr and Deanne.


We were living in my folk's summer cottage that I was slowly winterizing during the day while hubby worked.  My folk's were building a new house next door, and later we were going to build us a new house.  This was taken just before Laura Jean caught the deadly virus Meningitis.  Three babies in our area got it.  One was diagnosed in time to be cured, one died, and my Laura Jean lost everything except her life. 

Next, I want to share another beautiful digital art painting that my friend Mary Ann did recently.  She calls this "Birth of 2020."  I love the colors and the energy that it radiates.  Thank you Mary Ann for letting me share this.


Today I'm going to take my little Christmas Tree down and put it away.  Then I just might begin to clean out a tall storage cabinet that I have in the kitchen.  If I just get one shelf done, that will be a help.  A shelf a day is a good speed for me. 

I have another cute story from my little Bathroom Jokebook.  I hope this gives you a chuckle. 


Now I'm going to make a hot cup of coffee and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day. 

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Beth Reed said...

Oh my goodness how funny those hillbillies were. Too cute! I love jokes like the ones you share. Gives a good chuckle!

I loved the photograph. I think that it is wonderful that you have them. They would make great scrap pages. You could write so many details, like about your great grandfather, your grandfather and each of your children. It would really be beautiful.
I hope that the album I sent you for Christmas will come in handy for all the photos you have.

I wanted to call you but I let my daughter Laurie borrow it because their phone suddenly just died this morning. They were getting ready for a doctor appointment for David and it was somewhere they were not familiar with and that is when they discovered the phone will not even turn on. So they needed GPS and I let them take my phone.
They shouldn't be gone to terribly long.

I will send you Rosie's information. I'm not sure what stores she has so I will gather all the information and get to you.
She is just going to be working on my kit a little at a time. Then it will go into her stores but she has some gorgeous kits to choose from.

My back is hurting so I am going to lay down for a little while. Hugs to you and my sweet Pogo... xxx Beth

Jan said...

Thanks for the giggles so early in the morning!

Theresa said...

Thanks for the funny this morning. Hmmmm crazy news show, can't even get the time right:) I am running behind on reading blogs so I will be playing catch-up. Sending HUGS and PRAYERS your way!

Mary Ann Roesler said...

I am always honored when you post one of my art pieces. This actually started from a yellow daisy!