Friday, January 31, 2020

Bye Bye January

January 31, 2020

Good morning.  Tis cold but the sun is shining.  It's 29F degrees, but should climb to the upper thirties later today.  This is good because I have to go out to the Town Hall today.  Then I need to make appointments for Pogo for his check up and a visit to the beauty salon. 

I did not have a chance to call Best Buy yesterday, but I will do it before I go out today.  I really want to get this little laptop up and running.  There's also a computer store here in town, and I think I'll  give them a call to see if they can do this for me and what their charge would be.  I can get to this store a lot quicker than I can get to Best Buy. 

Yesterday I got a sale flyer from Ocean State Job Lot, and a couple of the ads on the front page had me giggling.  January wasn't even over yet and they were already advertising bathing suits.  The funny part though, was that the ads right below these swim suits were for ice melt, shovels and scrapers.  This just struck me as so funny.



A couple days ago, I got a nice surprise from my friend Beth.  She made me a beautiful scrap page.  Thank you Beth, I love it.


Pogo and I just found out that Joe is home today.  Even though Pogo has already had his breakfast, he's champing at the bit to get out into the main part of the house to get his turkey treat.  He may only eat a few bites, but he wants it.  I guess it has to do with  routine.  If he doesn't get his turkey treat, it sort of throws his whole day off.  ???

That means I'd best be going.  Otherwise, Pogo will start barking at me shortly, and he won't stop until I let him out into the main house.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend. 

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Sue said...

That ad is so funny, Edna, and mr Pogo is such a sweetie pie!
Good luck with your computer issues, my pc is running very slow and has some other issues.
Thanks for visiting.
Blessings,
Sue

Beth Reed said...

Miss Edna and Master Pogo I love and miss you two today so much. I think because I have been so very depressed lately, thinking of seeing you two soon is the balm to my darkness. One month and 1 day we are all going to be heading to beautiful Florida.

I am so glad that you enjoyed the scrap page. I just love that photo of you and Pogo. It is one of my favorites.

I thought that the Ocean Job Lot ad was funny too. I guess it is good that the swim suits are on sale and covered it's bases with the winter items too... lol.

I am going to go sit down and give you a call now. The sun is shining and calling my name to sit outside for a little while. xxx

Theresa said...

Yes, I was shopping recently and shocked that the swimsuits were out. If you need one (which I don't) you better get it quick or they will be gone:) Hope you get the computer up and running! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Brenda said...

Bought an HP laptop with gift cards I saved for couple years-gifts-on Black Friday. Granddaughter changed my email. Showed me how to use google chrome-avoided doing mcrosoft. Took ten minutes. Hp laptop so easy-even for me. Good luck.