Friday, January 24, 2020

Bananas? Really?

January 24, 2020

Good morning.  Tis sunny and 35F degrees today.  The temperature may go up a few more degrees by mid afternoon.  According to my phone app, daytime temps for the next few days should be in the forties.  That will be a nice welcome.

Well, I don't know if yesterday's scammer came by for the check, but a stranger did come by.  I did not answer the knock on the door.  I did scoot out to the kitchen in the main part of the house and look out a window to get the license plate number.  Just in case.  Folks in the house know not to let this person in should he ever come back.

The rest of my day was rather quiet.  I went through a lot of junk mail and magazines and got rid of a lot of it.  Late afternoon, Kevin and Eddie came by to finish putting in a new outlet.  This is an old house, and putting in electrical outlets can be very tricky.  Thank goodness, my SIL and grandson are both very good electricians.  Thank you, guys. 

I thought I would share another new book that I've acquired.  This one is put out by Reader's Digest.  It's called "Easy Fixes" and is chock full of all kinds of ways to repair your stuff.  (taken right off the cover.)


Here's a little snippet from the book.  I'll try to post one or two of them every now and then.  I might add that when disposing of those plastic bags, do cut the handles so that no animals can get caught in them.  Thank you.


I did a bit more crocheting last evening, and now I only have six more rows to go to finish the red and black afghan.  Woo Hoo!  I think before I tackle the navy blue one, I'll work on my tax stuff for a bit.  I'd like to at least get expenses into columns ready to be added.  After that, I can make an appointment with my accountant.  At least, that's the plan.

Last night, I watched Project Runway and I swear, designs are getting really wonky nowadays.  The wonkier the design, the more the judges seem to love it.  Last night's challenge was to make fashionable clothing using fabric designed by artist, Ashley Longshore. 

Some of the artist's fabric designs were okay, but others had rather delicate unmentionable body parts  splashed all over it.  Most of the designers made beautiful and respectable outfits, while others played up the fabric patterns.  Sad to say, but I am so disappointed in what was my favorite TV Program. 

Since the new host, Karlie Kloss, has taken over hosting the show, fashion styles and guest judges have taken on a new flavor.  And not always a good one.  This does make me sad because I've always loved fashion design.

Ah well, I'm off now to watch the rest of "In The Heat Of The Night."  (on MeTV)  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend. 

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Terra said...

That sounds like an ugly episode for the show; I have never seen it, but the fabric designs? No!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hope that the knock on the door wasn't from that caller expecting a check. Good of you not to answer, Edna. It's been warming up in Nashua, NH as well the past couple of days and today I went out with no scarf or gloves, but did wear a coat. I have never watched Project Runway, but from seeing online photos of current styles, I agree with your comment that they are indeed "wonky."

Theresa said...

That book sounds like a good one. I use the plastic grocery bags for so many things and return a lot of them to the bin at the store for recycling. I don't watch that show! Many of the styles these days don't appeal to my olden self:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Sue said...

OH I love "In the Heat of the Night," Edna, You are like me, a multi-tasker, I too am always so busy with lots of projects going on, family is so precious, we are going home today, daughter who is a nurse will be staying with us for awhile, our SIL and son will be looking after the farm animals. hopefully both dh and I will get some rest.
Thank you for your sweet comment.
Blessings,
Sue

Steve Reed said...

We used to watch Project Runway but I haven't seen it in years. (I don't think it's on over here.) A creative challenge is one thing, but I suppose in striving to be "new" they have to go farther and farther with every episode. Glad you didn't let in the con-artist!

smiekeltje said...

Okay you didn;t open the door for that stranger!
Trying to get something done for the taxes already now is a good idea. Nowadays a lot of the annual statements (e.g. bankaccounts, saving accounts and lots more stuff)aren;t sent on paper anymore, but you have to get them on line. In a way it isn;t bad, but on the other hand it is not handy. Every institution gives them out on another date, so you will have to check often, then download them and print them. But what if you don;t have a printer, or it isn't working? Well, they don;t do it for you as a service if you call them and ask polite, they simply say you will have to ask a friend or so to use their computer and printer. Easy hey? I think service isn't as good as it was years ago, but that is my opinion.
I will have to buy me a simple printer soon, but I have no idea which one, but some day I suddenly will find the one, I hope.
Have a wonderful weekend, I'll go to post on my blog now.
Hugs
Kyra