Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Cooler Temps Are Here To Stay

October 15, 2019

Good morning.  Tis a lovely, cool, day here in New England.  The sun is shining and the temps have left the low forties and made into the low fifties.  Later we'll even get to see the low sixties.  Woo Hoo! 

When I first woke up this morning, I thought it felt rather cool so I checked the weather app on my phone.  Yup!  It was 40F degrees.  Outside.  Gosh, I don't think I'm quite ready for these much cooler temps.  I decided to go back to sleep and hope that it would be warmer the next time I woke up.  It was, by a few degrees. 

Well, yesterday was a busy day for me.  I'm not sure what it was that I was accomplishing, but I was very busy all day.  As for the junk mail, there was some lurking in dark places and I found it.  Not one bag, but two of them!  I obliterated them!  And I bagged a few blankets.  Oh wait, I did two loads of laundry.  Yup, I was busy.

Joe picked up my order at WalMart, so now Pogo has a new supply of doggy food.  Enough to last for at least ten more days.  We're still offering him his turkey treat, but so far he still is not interested.  He does enjoy barking at Joe though, as he pulls into the driveway after work.  And of course, he still enjoys barking at the mailman. 

Today I thought I would share the rest of the foliage photos that I took a few days ago.  They're not the greatest because I took them through the car window with my phone, but you can see the colors.





The last photo was taken as we were passing the train station.  These beautifully colored trees line the whole side of the parking lot. 

I've been a bit lax about washing the dishes, so there's a batch of them in the sink waiting for me to wash them.  That will be my first project today.  After that, well I'll play that by ear.  Making plans is for mice, not old women. 

Did I say that?  Old women?  Wow, I never thought the day would come that I would be an "old woman".  How did this happen?  I've been so busy all my life that I never really gave much thought about being old.  Well at least I'm thankful that I made it to this place in my life.  A lot of folks never do make it here. 

Well, that's my news for this morning.  It's time for me to get started on this new day. So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Angelicastar said...

I just made it home from the doctor. (rheumatologist)They keep saying I might need to start thinking about getting back on the kidney machine. They always do this after chemo and they do my lab work a few days after chemo. All of this medicine is still in my blood. How the heck would my lab results shows clean blood. It's not clean after chemo. So now I am waiting for my next lab results. I told them today I am not going back to the same dialysis center because those people were making me sick each time I went there. I still think they are just trying to get paid. I do get my lab results but how the heck I know what they are saying. I am not a doctor. I just wish I could find true answers. I doesn't mean to dis-respect my doctors but time is letting me know someone is lying. If I needed dialysis and hadn't had it in 2 years now, I would be very sick and most likely dead by now. So this is why I am not believing what they are saying. My body functions haven't changed either. Going now to get some much needed rest. I hope you and Pogo have a wonderful and healthy day.

Kathy said...

Those trees are so beautiful! That is the main reason I love fall. Glad to hear I'm not the only one finding bags of mail to go through. How do we get so much paper in our homes? Hope you had a good day today and give Pogo a hug for me.

Theresa said...

It's chilly here but not cold yet. Yep, old just sneaks up on us:) I TOO and thankful to have made it this far in life! Enjoy your day dear friend! HUGS!