Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Time To Start Shopping For Laptops

April 2, 2019

Good morning.  Tis sunny, and the temps are at 42F degrees, headed for 51F degrees later today.  After a few more days in the forties, it looks like temps in the low sixties are on the way in for us.  Gosh, I hope so.

Folks, if my posts look a bit odd lately, please forgive me.  Blogging with Foxfire is very much different than blogging with Explorer.  With Explorer, I get to choose how I want things to look.  With Foxfire, I don't.  I'm doing the best I can.  Just be patient for a while.  I'll start looking at laptops soon.

I think I'll have to try backing up everything.  My problem will come when it's time to re-install any programs that I use.  Especially my Photoshop.  I was never able to upgrade to Photoshop in the Clouds with this laptop.  Maybe with a new one it will be possible.  I'll have to ask at the computer shop downtown.

I did take a photo of the new shawl that I'm making, but for some reason I can't get the photo to go from my phone to my computer.  All the pictures that I sent to my laptop made it, just not the photo of the shawl.  I've just tried it again, so we'll see.  Well dang, I guess the third time is magic!  Let me go crop it so that I can share it.


I also took photos of the labels from some of the new plants that I had ordered (and already received).  They are Hanging Strawberries, Milkweed and the Pretty Woman Lily. 




I also have a couple of roll out seed mats to see if I can get something to grow in the "hard to grow" areas of the yard.  The regular mode of planting in these areas doesn't seem to work very well, so I thought I'd try the seeded mats.

I'd like to start taking down the screen covers on the porch soon.  It will be so nice to be able to have my morning coffee out there.  First though, there is a lot of dusting and vacuuming to do out there.  Of course.  Plus all my little solar thingys need to be washed.  Maybe I can start some of this in a few days when the warm temps start coming in.

Daughter Deanne will be coming by soon with lunch so I think I'd best be going.  She's been volunteering to help an elderly gentleman with Alzheimers a few days a week.  He's her best friend's father, and he really looks forward to Deanne's visits.

Well, that's my news for today.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Annsterw said...

I love hanging strawberries!!! I can;t wait to hear how they do for you! Have a great day Miss Edna! Annster's Domain

Angelicastar said...

Try downloading windows 10. It was free and maybe still is. Go to Microsoft.com and see if they are still giving it free. you will then have Microsoft edge which is somewhat like explorer. I didn't like it so I downloaded explorer and that is what I am using for years after downloading windows 10. The website will scan your computer and let you know if windows 10 can be installed. I doesn't think your problem is within the computer itself. My desk top is atleast 5 years old. I was using windows 7 before. If you get your updates from Microsoft, explorer might have gotten updated and is not corresponding with your operating system. I doesn't know which one you are using. Try downloading and installing explorer and if something happen to it, it will repair it for you. All the info you need will be at Microsoft.com. Hope this help. Have a great day

Sojournstar Media said...

wow Edna,
i did not think anyone was sill using IE, it is so untrustworthy, and intrusive.I can't believe you have not been using Chrome!

As far as backing up, if you have an external, and still have the installation files on your pc, you should be able to move the exec file (or the whole original zip) to the external, and move it back when you get a new pc.
This may not save your actual graphics (or might) but you will at least still have the photoshop installation that you can re install on a new pc.

Seagate makes awesome external drives, for a fraction of cost, worth every penny. Mine holds 2 terrabytes and is only half full after having it over 14 months.

Theresa said...

My husband and I are both complaining about our laptops this morning. We gotta start looking and quickly. Love that shawl, the color and pattern:) The flowers are all so pretty. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!