Friday, April 5, 2019

My New Laptop Has Arrived

April 5, 2019

Good morning.  (for about five more minutes!)  Gosh, I'm way behind myself today.  I got up early, but then decided on getting a few more winks.  While I was winking, my new laptop arrived and one of the dwarfs brought it in to the house for me. 

Of course, I had to open the box right away.  It's a little bigger than my old laptop, but I'll get use to that.  The new laptop is silver, the old one is black.  I haven't set up a new laptop on my own for many many years.  Wayne used to take care of our computers before he retired.  I guess I'll be busy for a while.  I have received several bits of information from you readers on how to do this so I should be okay.  I hope!

For Theresa, here's a photo of the laptop and information.  I took these photos from my laptop screen, but you can make out the information.  What I liked about this laptop was the size of the hard drive and the fact that it has an optical drive (and three USB drives). 



My new book hasn't come yet, but it will be here before the day is out.  I won't do anything until I get that book.  I've given this book as a gift to two family members who got new laptops and they both love it.  So now it's my turn.  (info on book is on my April 3 post.)


A couple weeks ago, Jazzy was invited to join the Phi Theta Kappa fraternity.  Next week she will be inducted in to the group.  Way to go Jazzy!  I'm so very proud of you.


Deanne also sent me another photo to share.  This is her granddaughter Aurora (my GG) enjoying some wonderful rain puddles.  Remember when we used to do this ?  We would stomp our feet to see who could make the biggest splash.  Oh the memories!



Well, yesterday was a productive day for me.  Of course, by looking around here you'd never notice that I had done anything!  I spent most of the day going through a lot of the junk mail that has been coming in since the beginning of March.  It wasn't so bad because I found a check from Publishers Clearing House saying "Congratulations!  You have won!"  Sad to say I did not win the big check, so I'll just have to be happy with my ten dollars.

Today I have two more bags of junk mail to go through.  Hmmm, I wonder if I'll find more winning checks?  Somehow I don't think there will be any more.  Ah well, at least I'm getting rid of a lot of the junk mail. 

I was hoping to open up the porch soon, but it's still a bit too cool.  Hopefully before the end of the month, I'll be able to sit out there, at least for a little while.  Now it's time to do a bit of blog reading before I start in on the junk mail.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Thanks a bunch! I will be zooming in on those pics. I hope you love it so much. Enjoy your evening. I am WAY late reading blogs today. Hugs

gypsyrose said...

Good luck with the new laptop I wouldnt know where to start rely on our son for things like that,Lovely photo of your great grand daughter Yes I remember puddle jumping lol. have a good weekend x

smiekeltje said...

Lots of good luck with your new laptop!
Pity that you don;t have anyone like retired Wayne to take care of your laptop and all the installing of programs etc. On the other hand it probably is a good thing we try it ourselves a bit too.
Still, I am not very good at it. well, of course i can install some programs and so, but too wish I had someone who is good with computers and could do some things for me. Well, may be I will find someone when I will get me another laptop too. Hopefully this one will work still for some more time.
Your new plants look fantastic. And I hope you will have luck with the seeding mats. We've had some in the past too and some do well and others not, so it is just a case of waiting and having some luck with it.
Now it is time for me to go to my blog for a little post.
Take care my friend!
Hugs
Kyra