Sunday, April 14, 2019

Miz Cranky Is Back!

April 14, 2019

Good morning.  It's 6:07 and I've been up for a while.  Day is just breaking.  The forecast for today has temps in the upper sixties and sunny.  That will be super nice.  Yesterday was also super nice.  Not that I noticed, I napped most of the day away.

Friday proved to be a very traumatic day for me, and I needed all day Saturday to recuperate.  What was so traumatic you ask?  I opened my new laptop and tried to set it up by myself.  At first it wasn't too bad, but then you know they are going to ask me a question that I can't answer.  And they did! 

After working myself up into a lather, I finally called my daughter Audrey, and she was able to help me get past this difficult point.  Next, I decided I would go to Adobe's website and download the Photoshop (in the cloud) program so that I can start working on quick pages again. 

This, too, proved to be very trying for me.  First I had to open an account.  Would they let me?  Nope!  They said that I already had an account.  Well, I did from years ago, but I never even used it.  Eventually, I had to come up with another new password.  (You can't do much of anything on this machine without coming up with a batch of new passwords!)

Eventually, I somehow managed to get the program downloaded to my new laptop.  You would think that I'd be all set now, right?  Nope!  I did not recognize my favorite program anymore.  It was asking me for stuff that I did not understand, and I could not find any of the things that I normally use in this program.  After spewing out another batch of rather naughty words, I'd had enough. 

I decided I'd just shut the laptop off and call it a day.  Well, I can decide all I want, but it didn't change the fact that I didn't know how to shut the stupid machine off.  Through all of this, my new Visual Learning book is lying right here next to me.  Did I open it?  Of course not.  That would have been too easy. 

Actually, thoughts of the book never entered my miserable mind.  Instead I called Audrey, and she showed me how to shut my laptop off.  She would take a photo of her desktop (on her computer) and send it to me in a text message.  Then I could match her photo to my desktop.  You know, if I had just used a tiny portion of my pea brain, I'd have opened my Visual book and it would have shown me how to shut off my laptop. 

By now, though, my poor miserable old brain was in such a tizzy, that I did not want to have anything more to do with this horrid new machine and program.  Before I started all of this, I had visions of spending an afternoon making new quick pages in my new Photoshop program.  Well, that thought got shot down really fast. 

I've since decided that for now, I'll try to make my pages in my old laptop, then move them over to my new laptop.  That is, IF I can download MediaFire to my new laptop.  So, maybe later today I'll try to download MediaFire.  I have one bottle of Sam Adams left in my fridge.  Maybe I'll drink that first before trying anything else on that new machine. 

Enough of my crabbing!  Today I have a beautiful picture to share with you. I borrowed it from a friend's web page.  This is called the Highway to Heaven.  It really does look as if it is reaching up to Heaven.


Then I borrowed another picture from the web to share.  It shows a really neat way to have bedding available for any children that might be visiting.  It's really quite easy to make too.


The next musical revue at the Paris Cabaret will be "70's Disco Fever."  This will be presented on April 27, May 11 & 18, and June 1 & 22.   In between, there will be a special Mother's Day show.  Here is a photo of the cast.  That's our Jazzy in the upper right.


Well, I've done my grumbling, and drank all my coffee.  I think it's time I made a fresh cup of coffee and did a bit of blog reading.   I promise not to hurt that new machine if it gives me any problems later today.  I guess I'll start looking to see if the college offers any classes on Photoshop.  With this new version, I'll need all the help I can get to learn it. 

Meanwhile, I finished the shawl I've been working on.  Now I'm just cutting and putting on fringe.  As soon as I get the fringe on it, I'll take a photo to share here.  Now I'm going to get me that cup of coffee.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

Recep Hilmi TUFAN | rehitu.com said...

Where is this highway to heaven? I need to go there! :)

LV said...

That is why I hope my W7 keeps going. No way would I learn W10 from what others say. You sound smart to me and sure you will master it in time. Hang in.

gypsyrose said...

Oh my goodness setting up that new laptop sounds a nightmare I know I couldnt do it ,
hope you can get some help with it. nice photo of Jazzy and the cast Im getting to recognise her now , the portable bed looks good if you have little ones staying look after yourself x

Robyn said...

Hi Edna! Well, I can tell you this. Your leaps and bounds above me. I have no idea what any of those programs you talked about even are....LOL.. What kind of laptop did you get? One thing I've noticed is for me, it seems the older I get the worse I am becoming at technology, the more frustrated I get and wish I was using pencil and paper again.. .LOL

Theresa said...

That's exactly why I am dragging my feet on getting a new one. I know it eventually will happen, but for now I will watch as you get yours figured out... then you can help me:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

smiekeltje said...

Well, what you experienced with the new laptop setting it up, is what i am afraid for. However Jan had I think for a short time a laptop with windows 8 I believe and it is different of the windows 7 but it didn;t seem too difficult to master it.
Still you will see that when I will take another laptop I will encouter lots of problems LOL!
Isn't there a solution of getting someone who can put all things you need on the laptop and then perhaps even show you how to manage it?
Just doing the course in the library will may be not enough and takes time before you can do all the stuff you want in the windows 10.
I can feel with you and I agree with the words of Robyn here that the older she gets, the worse she becomes at technology etc.........
Really hope you will get much help to be able to use the new laptop in peace and quiet without too much stress.
Hugs
Kyra

smiekeltje said...

I just forgot if posted this comment. How forgetfull am I today?
it just happens and why? don;t ask me!!
I feel so sorry for you with al;l the trouble you have with the new laptop. There should be a possibility to have someone look into it and set it up for you??? And then you can learn how to use the windows 10 bit by bit at the course.
I can totally agree with what Robyn posted here:that it seems that how older she gets, the less good she is at technology etc. I feel all the same, specially about the frustrated bit LOL.
Hope that the next days you will have it a bit easier with the laptop and that little bit by little bit you get the hang of it.
Hugs
Kyra