Monday, April 8, 2019

It's Beginning To Look Like Sprimg

April 8, 2019

Good morning.  It's early, not quite five thirty.  The temp is 46F degrees, and it's stil dark outside.  Day will break shortly though.  Today will be mostly gray and wet according to the weather forecast.  A good day to do indoor chores. 

Sunday found me wicked tired a good part of the day.  Needless to say, I had me a long nap.  Unfortunately, that meant that I would not be sleeping much during the night.  I think I got about two hours sleep.  Maybe once the warmer temps are here to stay, I might be able to get my sleeping back on a normal schedule.  We'll see.

Spring is definitely working its way into New England.  Yesterday I went outside for a while to take some photographs.  I wanted to see if there were many buds on the trees out front, but the sky was looking so pretty that I took this photo instead.  The sky was blue and the sun was shining brightly.


The trees are budding though.  Here is a photo of some the new buds on my Japanese Red Maple tree.


Next, I checked on my little lilac bush.  Yup, it is covered with tiny new buds. 


There are lots of tulips, irises, daffodils and hyacinth coming up too.  The daffodils and hyacinth are budding. 




I guess we're going to have to clean out the gardens earlier than I had planned on doing it.  If I wait much longer, it will be more difficult to clear out all the debris without hurting the new plants.  I think this might be a good week to plant my hanging strawberries and a few seeds.  Indoors, of course. 

I found a new blog that is all about gardening and different types of plants, and spent over an hour reading a few of the posts.  It was all very interesting.  It's called The Garden Diaries.  Click on its name to go to the blog.

The first thing I'm going to do this morning, once the offices are open, is to call the college to get more information about the class for Windows 10.  I'm hoping to get a seat in that class.  After that, I'll be waiting for the service guy from Lincare to show up to check out my oxygen generator.  I haven't been able to use it lately because there's very little oxygen coming out of it.

Now I think I'll make a cup of coffee and attack those two bags of junk mail that I was supposed to be doing yesterday.  So till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Beautiful signs of Spring:). Hope you can get in that class. I am trying to weed thru the junk mail too. Why don’t I do it as it comes in, I ask this of myself often😊. Have a blessed day, hugs!

gypsyrose said...

Spring has to be my favorite time of the year, its great to see all the new growth in your garden. hope you get a place on the computer class Im still on 7 not loooking forward to having to learn 10. have a good week x

Annsterw said...

I adore Spring and seeing all the new buds!!! Yippee! Have a great week Miss Edna!