Thursday, April 18, 2019

I'm In The Middle Of A Murphy's Law Thing

April 18, 2019

Good morning.  Gosh, I didn't realize how late it was.  It's almost noontime.  I had a hard time falling asleep during the night, and therefore slept quite late this morning.  Since I got up, I've been busy trying to get the oxygen company (Lincare) to call me back with a time they will be out with a new oxygen concentrator. 

The one they gave me recently has developed some problems, and I haven't been able to use it since early last evening.  These folks are not in any hurry to call me back, so I may end up calling my insurance company to make sure they are not billed for all the days the concentrator isn't working.

It's starting to feel like a Murphy's Law week.  Yesterday afternoon, after Pogo had his turkey treat, I got ready to go grocery shopping.  After getting all settled in my car, I touched the starter and NOTHING.  A dead battery!  But how?  I checked the trunk lid but it was shut tight.  That's usually the cause of this problem. 

Joe came out and tried to jump start my engine, but it just wasn't working.  After about fifteen minutes of trying, we gave up.  I called Driver Elite (it's similar to AAA) and they said they would be out within the hour.  And they were.  As soon as their cables were attached to my battery, the engine turned over.  Woo Hoo!  I let the car run for forty minutes before shutting if off and starting it again

The problem seems to have come from a button on the lower dash that accidently got touched and it turned something on.  I'm not sure what this thing is so I'll have to get out my owner's manual and look it up. 

Eventually I got to go shopping, and by the time I got home and put everything away, it was after eight o'clock.  I will mention one thing here.  As I was getting ready to leave my driveway, I noticed two or three turkeys over by the bird feeder enjoying some bird seed.  I guess these turkeys will be with us for a while. 

The best part of the day was when  Deanne came by for a visit and brought me a lovely bouquet of flowers and some new solar flowers and flamingos to put in my garden.  Here is a photo of the bouquet, and I'll take some photos of the solar flowers as soon as I get a chance.


Have you ever seen such a pretty hydrangea?  It looks like a large ball of pastel candies.  And I just love the yellow tulips.  I think yellow flowers are so happy looking.  Yellow flowers make me think of my brother.  His favorite song was "Eighteen Yellow Roses."  For his memorial service, I got a blanket of white carnations and eighteen yellow roses for his casket. 

Another bright spot yesterday was when my other new Photoshop book and Quick Reference pamphlet arrived.  Now I'm looking forward to sitting down with my new laptop and trying out the new Photoshop program. 



I took a walk out in my yard yesterday, and noticed a couple of blossoms.  I took photos and I'll share them tomorrow.  Right now, I have to call Lincare to find out why they have not called me back yet.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

LV said...

Your bouquet of flowers simple gorgeous. I have a hydrangea plant but never would compare to yours. Hang in as things will get better.