Friday, April 19, 2019

I Hope The Easter Bunny Has A Row Boat

April 19, 2019

Good morning.  Tis gray and cloudy with temps in the sixties.  Today begins our mini-monsoon seson.  For a while the forecast called for four days of rain, but now it is showing six days of rain. Maybe that's why I couldn't see the moon during the night.  I got a fuzzy glimpse of it through the trees, but then it slid behind all the cloud cover.

It's also quite windy today.  My wind chimes have been singing all morning.  It's really a pleasant sound.  There are three different ones hanging outside.  At times, they sound a bit like a chorus.  Hmm, maybe I should hang a couple more of them up. 

DIL Janet was here last evening, and we ordered spinach pizzas for supper.  Oh my, they are soooo tasty.  The afghan that Janet is working on is coming along nicely.  As soon as she gets a few more rows on it, I'll take a photo to share. 

The folks at Lincare never showed up yesterday.  They did call me around noon time to say that they would be out to take care of the oxygen concentrator.  They must have forgot.  I called them at 5:45 last evening and they finally said they would be here between 8 and 9 P.M.  They showed at almost ten o'clock.  All the guy did was to take the machine that was here out, and plug in another machine.  This new machine is big, noisy and super heavy.  But it works.

I think my mind went on vacation without me.  Today I will be doing the laundry that I meant to do yesterday.  I did put the laundry into the washer, but never turned the washer on.  For the life of me, I can't think of what I may have been doing that was so distracting.  Ah well, it doesn't matter.  The clothes will get washed today.  Do you ever have days like that? 

Today I have photos of the plants that are just now blossoming in my yard.  First, here's my first daffodil and hyacinth.



Next, there are a couple of tulip buds that should be opening in a few days.


Then there's my little lilac bush.  It's covered with tiny little buds that will be opening soon. 


There are lots of new shoots on all the rose bushes too.  Maybe once we get past this rainy season, lots of things will be starting to bloom.  Gosh, I hope so.  Hopefully, this warmer weather will be here to stay so that I can have the screen covers taken off the porch soon. 

I was up around 4:30 this morning, trying to get a photo of the moon, and I just stayed up.  So, I think I'd best get that laundry going before I'm ready for a nap.  I'm thinking maybe I'll make a couple of pies this morning.  One for me, and I'll take one over to Deanne for her family. 

On that happy note, I'm off.  So, till Sunday, I wish you all a Happy Easter.  Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Angelicastar said...

Oh well, you're doing great because sometimes I have weeks of moving around and doing nothing. (lol) Thanks to God it's a day or so for you. I need to go in my closet and take shoes out for charity that I am not wearing. I did the clothes last year around December and gave them to charity. My energy level sometimes is at zero. I learned how to destroy the junk mail as soon as I get it out of the mailbox so that is not stacking anymore. Those books is crazy. I think if you order something from one company they are sharing your information because I am getting those that I've never ordered anything from. I tear them up right away also.

After all the rain and wind we had yesterday, it's very cool today and the sky is beautiful and lots of sunshine. We are suppose to have beautiful weather for atleast 4 days. I was going to bbq for Easter dinner but I am not doing well this week. I will probably order out from a cafeteria for my Easter dinner. Have a great Easter and tell Pogo not to run the bunny away because he could be bringing him some goodies. (lol)

My Tata's Cottage said...

Beautiful photo shares, the lovely symbol of Spring, blooming flowers. I think my mind was vacationing with your mind! Finally finished my laundry today too. I hope you have a beautiful Easter and enjoy all the blessings surrounding you.
My hubby has the same problem with the oxygen people. I do not even remember their name they make me so darn mad! Zero CS and it is becoming the norm.
Grateful for all the goodness we all have in our lives though. I'm going to be more grateful everyday. I try it's just so many unkind people get in the pathway there.
HAPPY EASTER!
HUGS

Theresa said...

Oh how I love flowers, blooming and budding❤️ I am so far behind on so many things. I hope you have a blessed Easter dear friend. Hugs