Monday, April 15, 2019

Happy Rubber Eraser Day

April 15, 2019

Good morning.  Happy Tax Day!  Well, at least I hope it is a happy day for you.   Have you worn down the erasers on all your pencils?  I hope not because today is National Rubber Eraser Day.  I hope it's a good day for you.

Today is also Patriots Day and Boston Marathon Day here in New England.  Not interested?  Then how about celebrating McDonalds Day.  This day in 1955 was when McDonalds first opened.  If this doesn't make you happy, then how about National Gripers Day.  Now that's probably a better name for Tax Day.

Well, yesterday I took the bull by the horns and opened up the new laptop.  I transferred a couple folders to the desktop from my old laptop.  (I use a thumb drive to do this,)  Then I tried to download MediaFire to the desk top.  I ran into a problem here because I hadn't figured out how to save favorites.  Once the program was downloaded to my laptop, my next problem was to figure out where it was hiding. Between the Visual Learn book and a HELP call to daughter Audrey, we found where the program was hiding. 

I should mention here that Audrey is learning Windows 10 too.  She got her new laptop back in December.  She has the Visual Learn book too, but she is very tech savvy.

Next, we tried to download my Amazon Music to the desktop.  This proved to be too much for either of us.  So I called Amazon tech support, and a nice lady there talked me through the whole process.   She even helped me download "Alexa" to my desktop.  God Bless her, she was so patient with me.  She even showed me how to find my music and Alexa when I turn the laptop on. 

I've been asked what type of laptop I bought.  It's a HP, and I posted a picture of it with its description on April 5.  You can check that post for more information about it.  I have always had a Hewlett Packard computer, whether it be a desk top or a laptop. 

Today I'm going to call the local college to find out if and when they have classes for Photoshop.  Up to now, I haven't had a problem with this program, but the new version is totally Greek to me.  I should try to spend some time playing with it to see if I can figure any of it out so that I can work on my quick pages. 

I just had a brainstorm.  I think I'll look online to see if there is a Visual Learn book for the new Photoshop.  Now that would be a big help!  Hopefully, I'll get lucky and find one. 

Today I have a few images that I borrowed from the web to share with you.  This first picture is oh so important.  Always treat your doggies as family.  They are so precious. and you are their whole world.


This next image lists companies that pay for tests done on animals.  Please don't support them.  There should be no animal testing. 


I also found this interesting tidbit.  Did you know this?  I did not.  Wow, talk about monopolies!  These six companies sort of run the whole media system.


Ah well, I'm not going to be tempted to celebrate National Gripers Day.  Nope, today I'm going to stay away from "frazzle stuff."  Well, at least I'm going to try!  Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

gypsyrose said...

I wonder who thinks up all the names for these days there seems to be a day for everything now.
Im glad your getting some help with sorting your computers your a very determined lady keep at it x

Kathy said...

Glad to hear that you are getting used to your new computer. There is always a learning curve but I think once you get going, you are going to like it.