Monday, April 22, 2019

Half Sun, Half Rain Today

April 22, 2019

Good morning.  Tis damp and gray at the moment, but the forecast calls for sun and temps in the sixties shortly.  This will, however, turn to rain with temps in the fifties by mid afternoon.  Temps are beginning to stay nearer to the fifties and sixties lately so I guess it's time to start planting a few things in pots. 

Yesterday was a nice lazy day for Pogo and me.  Deanne brought us over a delicious ham dinner, actually enough for two dinners.  Yup, I'm going to enjoy it again today.  I did not play with my new laptop, nor did I cook the big pot of pasta and meat sauce.  I was just lazy most all day.

I did crochet a while on the yellow afghan that I started a while ago.  I don't work on it steadily, so it's going to take a while to finish it.  That's okay though, because this one is for me.  I do want to make another shawl just as soon as I can decide on a color.  I have a lot of yarn to choose from so it shouldn't take too long to decide on which color I want. 

This morning I'm watching HSN on TV.  They are featuring a really nice Packard Bell Air Book (10" tablet).  It looks really nice, and the price is nice too.  I have a nice tablet, but it doesn't have a keyboard, so I can't really use it for a lot of things.  I mostly use it to read my e-books.  Soon I will be needing to replace my little laptop,  so maybe something like this PB tablet might be ideal.  I have more homework to do on this subject.

I'm funny that way.  When it's time for me to buy an expensive item, (anything over $50) I do a lot of research on the item.  I learn as much as I can about the product, its pros and its cons and what you get with the different price ranges.  This way I can purchase intelligently.  However, this does not teach me how to use the product.  That comes after the purchase. 

Some times I find the neatest things on the web.  Here's one idea that I think can really be a big help when you need to do some shopping and hubby doesn't want to tag along.  Just drop him off at a hubby day care center, and he'll be a happy little camper.  (photo borrowed from web)


I just switched the channel over to Shop LC TV, and oh my what a big mistake!  They are showing one of the prettiest London Blue Topaz Rings set in sterling silver.  And the price!  Oh wow, such bargains!  Well, I had to change the channel again because I'm trying to be very good and not buy anything.  Yup, I put on a crime story.  These are very interesting and there's nothing for me to buy!

Before I go, let me share something else that I borrowed from the web.  This is something to really think about.  Every thing you say or do (or don't say or do) leaves its mark on someone.  It doesn't cost anything to be kind  to someone.  But it can be worth a whole lot to the person you were kind to.  Think about it. 


Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: